Finally I filed for divorce part I

NongSung

FINALLY I FILED FOR DIVORCE

You might know my story, maybe you don't but if you interested in reading my story then proceed; if you are looking for an update on bars, girls, short and long times then you better skip this one..

It?s quite a sad story and I want every reader to give it some time to sink in before having an opinion about it. It?s so easy to blame one or another, but much more difficult to understand the Thai way of thinking. It?s a story about two different worlds, not only falang versus Thai but falang versus Thai BG. I still think it?s possible to have a working relationship with a Thai girl but it?s another story to have a Thai BG. They still have a kind of survival mechanism that is unfamiliar to us. It kicks in as soon as there is a major problem; their way of thinking is not necessarily wrong, but different to ours.

Read it, try to place yourself in my shoes; try to place yourself in her shoes?

I hope it never happens to you.

HERE IT GOES

I am married to a Thai (former BG) for 7 years now and currently I filed for divorce; this is how one thing led to another and how it inflicted the lives of me, my wife and her family.

Like I said she was a former BG and I met her in Europe; I was single at that time, she was a working girl (as you understand what I mean); I took her out of the business and she moved in with me. Not because of love but she was in some kind of trouble.

I felt sorry for her and promised to help her out. But after a while love kicked in and one year later we got married and everything looked fine, she was passionate, honest, not that much demanding (for money) and we got on pretty well.

Throughout the years she proved to be a good wife to me and as far as I know I was not too bad to her. We had our ups and downs but always managed to cope with that.

People said that we looked like the perfect couple; who am I to argue...

I loved her (I still do) and she loved me (and she still does) but it's all fucked up now.

Two years ago we moved within Europe and our relationship was still okay; maybe not that passionate as before but still very, very close. A deep understanding of each others needs, call it 'mates'.

She started to build up social contacts in the Thai community and I was happy to see that she was able to make a number of new friends; so I did not have to worry about her being lonely. The fool I was...

What I did not know was that she was not feeling to well for some time now, and that she was worrying about it.

She had some rare infections lately (she said it was in the family), some night sweating (she said it was due to bad dreams) but she was afraid she contacted HIV from her previous job... She felt something in her body was definitely not okay.

I was not aware that...

And now the story splits into two different versions; mine and hers; I'll tell you mine first...but in the next chapter.

Cheers,

NongSung

Archived