New Big Bang evidence; you believes in this crap?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

you might be interested in The Tao of Physics Its Buddhism / Taoism

A very good book. I read it a long time ago together with "The dancing WU LI masters" which also was mentioned in your link.

Another book worth reading is "God and the new physics" by Paul Davies.

regards

ALHOLK

>And about which system is the only means to find truth. People who believe science to be the means to discover ultimate truth are attributing powers to the rational intellect that it does not possess

"Funny" that you ignore the main point of my post. Go back and re-read it, and when you are prepared to deal with the issue of "testable predictions" we may have something to talk about. Until then you are just another loony spouting his pet theory...

-j-

>>"Funny" that you ignore the main point of my post.<<

Your point was not missed. Your original post missed the point of mine. That is why i did not respond to your main point.

And in your new post you again talk about testable predictions as if this refutes something. Which means you still don't get the point of this thread.

>>Until then you are just another loony spouting his pet theory...<<

Thats a good logical winning position you carved out for yourself there. Wish i thought of that. :doah:

Is something beneath that rational surface eating at you?

:snowlaugh

Guest lazyphil

<<Religion has always been used by those in power as a tool to keep the poor people quiet and peaceful. >>

They should invest in SnapOn tools (or similar quality) instead as the religion tool doesn't appear do the job required, in fact its malfuctioned in a big way for many years....I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

I think to simplify religion and say that it is just a tool for control is a little myopic. Also, to say that religion is an early but flawed attempt at science is also too narrow a definition. Sure, it can be these things but it is also a lot more.

Religion seems to be different for different people. To a certain extent religious arguments often boil down to a question of semantics. People define religion differently.

To some it is fundamental doctrine. To some it is a moral ideology to live by. To others it is a vague notion of a creator or creators. To many it is about an infinite continuation of existence, without much relevance to normal life. To some agnostics it may be a metaphor for the "unknown" and the "unknowable" and so on.

Sure - it has a definition (e.g. http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=religion ) but is that how you guys define religion? What the fuck is religion? I don't know... god (or L. Ron H.) help me!

PPP - how do you define it?

Archived