Marrying a Thai girl in the US

Many of you know me from the Delphi board, I just wanted to give you guys that care an update. I brought my Thai girlfriend to Los Angeles on a K-1 fiancee visa. We just arrived about 36 hours ago now.

The entire visa process, in my opinion, was really easy, due I am sure, to the thorough briefing I received from all of you. If any of you are considering doing it, just have all your ducks in line, do it the INS's way, and you will likely fly right through the process. I applied on Dec 20, 2000, by mail to the Laguna Niguel center in California, and she got the K-1 Visa in her passport on May 14, 2001. We arrived in Los Angeles on May 21.

Unfortunately for my recent pattern of trips to Thailand, my business has absolutely blown up in LA. Shit was hitting the fan left and right the last two times I went to Thailand. I am most likely stuck here in LA for at least 4 months. This is pissing me off, but I am hoping to rack up enough $$ in the next few years to retire to Thailand. Time will tell...

Anyway, let me say, HELLO AGAIN and THANK YOU to my many friends on this board, glad to be back posting. I will keep you informed of what is going on.

your humble reporter

pablo jones

PS How many people would I piss off if I started a "Is the Heterosexual AIDS Transmission Money-Machine Conspiracy Dead Yet?" folder in the health section of this new forum?? 55555 Scubie? Are you out there?

[ May 23, 2001: Message edited by: pablo jones ]

A good plan to retire in a couple of years as the adjustment of status will take at least that amount of time if you live in LA. The last time I check it was 27 months and that was before this 2245(i) added 200,000 applications to the pile.

Pablo,

I brought my fiancee here in March. We are now married and going through the adjustment of status to residency. I might be lucky and get an interview in a year. Oh well, you need to show a good marriage so it should give me time. Best of luck on your relationship. smile.gif" border="0

ABC,

Not proprietary at all. I am a landscape contractor. Not gardening so much as building new projects. My partner is a landscape architect. We design and build gardens for rich people in Bel Air, Brentwood, Beverly Hills, etc. If you were building a new home in one of those areas, we would very possibly be wooing you to let us design and/or install the exterior features including pools, patios, automatic sprinkler system, drainage systems, outdoor lighting, and of course trees, grasses and plantings.

Labor intensive for sure, but profitable? Yes, but we really work hard for every penny. It aint easy dealing with these finicky rich people sometimes.

I never went to college, started at the end of a shovel when I was 18 in 1976 and just stayed in the trade all my life. My blue collar roots possibly aid me in empathizing with the Thai people.

Thanks to all of your kind words. Hono, going to check your board now...

Thanks again

pablo

[ May 26, 2001: Message edited by: pablo jones ]

Pablo,

And now the adventure really begins!

27 months backlog for the interview sounds like a nightmare. Here in Denver a few years back we waited 2 weeks for the interview. Just want to make sure that you know that if she leaves the country before the interview she will need permission from the INS. I believe they call it Advanced Parole(it sounds so criminal). Good luck, Jay

Archived