Busy two weeks in LOS

chuck6660

First, I want to thank all the board members who offered me their advice regarding getting married in Thailand.

I've just returned from BKK and will throw out a few observations from the past two weeks.

The fiance and I arrived late at night on April 3rd, and checked into the Windsor Suites Hotel on Soi 20. This was our 4th time staying here in the past 6 months, alot of room for the price, every room is a suite (hence the name). Off the main drag, but within walking distance to Soi Cowboy, Emporium, Robinsons, Soi 33 and Washington Square.

On the 5th we caught a ride to Buriram, arrived at 0100, and linked up with her brother at a Karoake joint in the middle of nowhere, proceeded to drink Sang-Som whiskey and LEO Beer until 0500. On the 6th we drove 20 min outside of Buriram and looked at 7 Rai of land, after some consultation with her dad my fiance agreed to buy the land. Since the 6th was Chakri day, we had to wait until the 7th to change the title on the land. The night of the 6th and 7th were repeat "all-nighters." On the 8th we visited the Wat and then went to the cousins house to see Grandma who they say is 105 years old (looks at least 105). Rode the "express train" back to BKK (6 hrs.). My wifes family and friends (a whole pick-up truck by day three) took great joy in pointing out every "farang" in Buriram to me. It looks like I will be retiring in Buriram.

On the 10th I went to the US Embassy, did the Marriage Affidavitt and dropped it off at a translation agency, total time 2 hours. Reported to the agency at 0930 on the 11th, they packed us into a cab and 2 hours later we walked out of the Sathon Amphur with marriage certificate in hand. I took the advice offered by various board members and had no problem!! ::

We spent most of the 12-14th (Songkran)on Soi Cowboy getting drunk, soaked and powdered. It was a great time, they only got my cigar wet once! :: I wish they had an official end time for the fun-n-games each night, nothing like walking to dinner in the evening and being soaked with a bucket of water. ::

15 April an early party with friends at the Tilac and head to the Airport, for a 0335 departutre flight :(

:beer:

Archived