So who will train the Brits???

Flashermac

the Brita are fine.........we need no training,some are masters at being uncouth...............

'Remember, most people in the world have little or no interest in the World Series or the Super Bowl. What we call "soccer" is football everywhere else. And it's the most popular sport on the planet'

i wonder how many of the 'average' American know of any other sports except Baseball,Basketball and what thay call Football.

and i wonder how many of the US Networks will be showing the US Team in the WC later this Year?.

i remember being in the States when the Olympics were on one Year and all they showed was Americans and the events they took part in.

what pissed me off was some long distance track event where they followed the Yank in last place and never showed the battle going on 50 Yards ahead for the Medals.

'Think as big as you like but talk and act smaller. (In many countries, any form of boasting is considered very rude. Talking about wealth, power or status - corporate or personal - can create resentment'

i never talk about my wages.i know some Girls who earn much more than me in a Year.........

before i get flamed i'm just joking............

i have had some good times with Americans in LOS and bad times but the same can be said of my fellow Englanders........

but i find it interesting that the US have released this 'advice'.

i may be wrong but i don't see many other Countries doing the same.

the British don't bother with advice and if a Brit gets into trouble then they just abandon them.......

the attitude seems to be 'sort it out yourself Son'.

I was in the States during the Atlanta Olympics. The constant chants of "USA!!! USA!!" were getting to me quickly enough. Fer fuck sake, the damned games were taking place in the US. Why all of the idiotic 19th century patriotic drivel? It was even over sports that most people would never watch otherwise -- high diving, javelin, hammer toss, synchronised swimming (BARF), weight lifting etc.

I did get to take part -- by accident -- in the Olympic Torch procession. I was driving home and found the streets blocked. I followed some other drivers and next thing I knew, I was in the procession! I rolled down the window and waved at the cheering spectators for a couple of miles -- until I got to where I could turn off and get the hell out of there. The next day I mentioned it to a Lodge brother. He told me he'd somehow ended up in the procession. My father told me he'd been in it for a while too! I suspect that probably half of the cars in the procession were driven be people who ended up there by accident.

p.s. It was sort of fun watching the runners with the torch. I was thinking evil thoughts ... such as "What if I grab the torch and roar off across town with it? Will they all follow me?" hehehe :devil:

It's not your tourists that you need to train - it's your Ryder Cup golf crowd! They're the only group of Americans that can really instill anti-Americanism in me, with the aforementioned " U S A. U S A. U S A. " moronic chants and unsportsmanlike treatment of opponents and that's televised around the world.

I think the Brit tourists will generally be worse than the Yanks because your lowlifes tend to stay at home rather than travel. So you just see more of our scum. I've noticed that Scandinavians can be surprisingly bad too. Previously, I'd thought of them as being more civilised than most. :dunno:

In the U.S., we are equal opportunity bashers of opponents/players that can't handle taunting, like Monty. If Monty had ignored the morons that taunted him initially, they would have stoped. But Monty couldn't keep his mouth shout and complained loudly, which assured that the morons would continue. But, like I said, we are equal opportunity bashers. Monty get bashed not only at the Ryder Cup tournement but at any tournement that he plays in the U.S. (although it hasn't been as bad since the Ryder Cup in Brrokline, Mass.

<< I've noticed that Scandinavians can be surprisingly bad too. Previously, I'd thought of them as being more civilised than most.>>

At least they don't sail around in their long boats and loot, rape and burn villages anymore. (Well, at least not the long boat part ...)

:)

Ok here is a short rant.

SJ said: "i wonder how many of the 'average' American know of any other sports except Baseball,Basketball and what thay call Football.

and i wonder how many of the US Networks will be showing the US Team in the WC later this Year?."

MR SJ: i think you are implying that americans should become more familiar with international sports.

As it stands right now, 25% of the US population (50 million people) watch 4.3 hours per day of sports and sports news. Sports news for chrissakes! The last thing we need is to fill their heads with more meaningless distractions from what their country gets up to worldwide. These people could tell you the line up for a dozen teams, even know the draft status for the entire National Football League and every starting quarterback as well. But try asking them to name one general or one army division in Iraq, or who is the US ambassador to IRAQ (or england, france germany russia) or where is taiwan or whether china is still a communist country and you will get a blank stare. Or maybe a "Whats that got to do with anything?"

So please keep your international sports outside of the US. We already have a big enough problem with being led around like a mindless herd. And if there are any minnesota twins fanatical fans out there who don't like to hear this, all i can say is: how bout then Rays?

Also with that link provided in the OP. The US state department hired a marketing company to prepare written guidelines on how americans should act while travelling. Fucking ridiculous. The people who are assholes while travelling are not going to read that shit and if they did the fact is that assholes don't change their behavior simply because they saw it written down. They are assholes afterall :doah

Would be better off to hire oprah winfrey to do a show on how to behave. if they see it on TV the message might reach a few of them.

Actually it's long ships, not long boats :neener:

Nowadays that has passed on to countries that have carrier groups and nukes. The vikings on the other hand,bad as they may have been, were at least men of some honor. A concept that seems to be totally alien not only to American soldiers but also to their elected leaders.

Guest lazyphil

Living at one of englands most busy tourist spots of cambridge i get to observe a vast array of o/s tourists (this is a small city of 95k people that swells to, er, alot in the summer), the silly season has begun, thousands of americans here throughout the summer, i always find them pretty quaint and friendly, for example i always remember years ago one old couple asking me where 'downtown' was.....i was stood in the market square outside the guildhall, bless em'......now if only the usaf personel up the road in lakenheath and mildenhall could fathom out we drive on the left here, there has been a few tragic accidents there down to this :(

Archived