No to Thai prostitution model

BuffHello

No to Thai prostitution model

published: Sunday | April 16, 2006

THE EDITOR, Sir:

IT IS extremely disappointing that someone of Lascelles Chin's prominence and privilege would be pushing the Thai prostitution model on Jamaica.

Who in their right minds would want to impose that degradation on Jamaica and its people?

For the love of God, have not the Jamaican people, in history, suffered enough from poverty, exploitation and degradation already? Nothing that I have read in The Gleaner in all my life has made me more angry.

The honest realities of the horrors, dangers and abuses of Thailand's sex industry can easily be read, in several articles, by anyone with access to the Internet. Simply do a search for 'Thailand's sex industry'.

It is amazing beyond belief that Mr. Chin would want Jamaica to emulate Thailand's vile, evil and distressing model.

He obviously has no respect for Jamaica ... or for his fellow Jamaicans.

I am, etc.,

ANTHONY G. GUMBS

aggumbs@aol.com

These people are totally opposed to prostitution in any form, they care nothing for street girls working with a total lack of any support- personal, legal or medical and oppose any reorganisation incase it adds an air of respectability to it.

We live in the first society in recorded history that begrudges an older man a young woman, a completely unnatural state of affairs that even the Muslims give the contempt it deserves.

Mr Gumbs would certainly be involved with some evangelical religion where the pastors rob the congregetion blind and slip off to frolic with the younger female members after church.

And another thing.........

Archived