Farang death on my street

whosyourdaddy

Well they pulled a young farang out of the small klong at the end of my road. Looked like he had his head bashed in with an axe. Had a beard also. That is all I know. Anyone heard of anything about this?

Hopefully there is not a axe-welding farang hater roaming my area.

But once again the Bangkok post et al will not cover stories like this since it is bad for the thai image. Only rosy pretty stories about how good thailand is are allowed.

Guest lazyphil

<<Hopefully there is not a axe-welding farang hater roaming my area. >>

Despite GST, doesn't jasper, vancouver or victoria beckon you back!

By "upper", I assume you mean higher number, and is the Klong Saen Saeb? I have no information, but just a bit concerned if it happened in my neighbourhood. Of course, this kind of stuff happens much more often than we realize.

You are absolutely right; the papers won't carry this sort of stuff unless it gets picked up by the international press. Hence, a suggestion I made in another thread.

Incidentally, and I don't want to sound like I am this guy's agent, but there is a good book on the Thai press by Duncan McCargo. It is not just a question of bias and rosy pictures, but the absence of any real inquiry, thought or effort at analysis. Bascially, if The Economist is on one end of the spectrum in terms of reporting, the Thai press is on the other end.

Archived