Do Son Viet Nam

I originally posted this under the Hanoi topic as a reply to Spurner but I thought it deserves a thread of it's own

Do Son

depends on what you think is a really nice place? The beach makes Pattaya beach look nice. Apart from that there's a lot of Karaoke places where singing is optional, I think they'd think you strange if you actually did want to do some singing!

Anyway from the government tourist info book there's 2 - 2 star hotels in Zone II which is where all the karaoke are.

Van Thong - 031 861 1331 - $20-$45 per night

Hai Au - 031 861 221 - $20-$65 per night

I stayed at Song Xanh a no star guest house but clean and with A/C Dong 120,000 a night -031 862 154.

This hotel is on Van Hoa St. (Duong Van Hoa) which has a lot of karaoke on it.

The deal with this hotel is they have their own karaoke girls, you tell them you want a girl and they will parade the ladies before you until you choose one that you want.

If you don't like the look of theirs they'll go next door and next door but one etc. until they find one of your liking.

Their charge for this is added onto your bill. It's Dong 180,000 all night of which the hotel get 100,000 and the girl only 80,000 ($5)so she'll expect a tip.

If you happen to see anyone you like passing by outside the hotel they can also do a deal with her for you, they're flexible, but this may cost more.

If you'd rather wander about and look around then just walk along Van Hoa, there's plenty of similar hiotels and karaoke places to look in.

The road bends to the left and meets up with the Beach Road. At the bend in the road there's a gate to what looks like the car park of a hotel. This is a road just full of karaoke, just go through the gate and look in the places.

Still not enough for you?

O.K. go down to the beach road and keep walking keeping the beach on your left, you come to an area with some karaoke and just keep on going 'til you can't get any further and you're outside a hotel at the very end of town. In front of this hotel is another half dozen karaoke.

That about covers all I know about Do Son.

I'm told short time from one of the karaoke is Dong 130,000 including the room.

Archived