PM can fly by helicopter

Disused Pumas may fly PM

The two grounded Super Puma helicopters will be repaired and used as official transport for Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Bangkok post, monday 3rd of September 2001: http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/03Sep2001_news05.html

It's a bloody shame that the PM and other officials use their fancy cars with police guidance or in this case eve a helicopter to do their travelling.

They should force all the government officials to drive locally produced cars and drive by themselves throught normal Bangkok and upcountry traffic. I'm sure in that case something would happen soon to the devestating traffic jam and road conditions in this country.

Totally agree......my balcony overlooks a couple of main roads and the freeway (it looks a little like a poor imitation of Birmingham's spaghetti junction for those that know). Every day - guaranteed, each road gets blocked by the police for approx 10 minutes. Traffic on every artery builds back for miles (especially busy times) and eventually a couple of police bikes, go past, another 30 seconds and another police bike, waiting a little longer and a police car or two go past folowed by a *(*select one from the list - Merc/BMW/ van-similiar to the one the A-Team used to thrash about in). After the VIP's(?) vehicle comes another procession of police. A minute later the bikes move and the traffic can move again.

I am not home much, so if I see this every day then how many times are they actually doing it ?

OTT to say the least. Are these all very important people, or just people that think they are e.g. ministers wife doing the shopping run etc etc ??? TIT.

[ September 04, 2001: Message edited by: SUPPOSE ]

Archived