Boneo /Sabah

On my way out for a 4 month stay in asia and want to visit Boneo and Sipadan Island (for the diving). I do not seem to be able to find to much info here in UK does anyone know of any urls or sites that may help?

The only thing that gets talked about is the Abu Sayef. They are band of muslim bandits who kidnap innocent civilians and hold them for ransom all the while claiming that they are fighting for an independent homeland. I think your chances of being a victim are pretty slim but you should be aware of the dangers. More than one resort has been attacted and groups of 20 or so hostages including foreigners have been taken at various times.

Sorry I dont have any other useful info on the place. I hear tourism has all but dried up so you should be able to swing a sweet deal on accomodation and the like. Like anywhere in the Philipines or Malaysia you will have no trouble finding a piece of tail.

Post a report please when you get back, or better yet, while you are there. Good Luck and play safe! tongue.gif" border="0

Archived