domestic airfare in Indonesia

Can somebody tell me what a airfare purchased with 24 hrs notice in either Thailand or Indonesia would cost between Jakarta and Surabaya return?

My travel agent was quoted $usd356.00 return.

I could fly from BKK to Manila and Jarkarta for that much.

Hi,

Garuda has a fare of IDR880,000 which can only be sold in Indonesia. That works out to about USD88. There's no advance purchase required but there is a 14 day maximum stay. It must be booked in V class. Whether it can be discounted further by travel agents in Indonesia, I don't know.

The fare you were quoted is the lowest that will be shown in a US travel agent's computer unless IDR fares were specifically requested.

Cheers.

Mman,

I don't mean to say that I am right and you are wrong, because you are there and I am here (to borrow a phrase...TII!).

But since the fares you mentioned are much higher than the ones I did which are published by Garuda, it might be a good idea for Asiahand to make a call to the nearest GA office and inquire about the VEE14 fare (it's discontinued after 22SEP btw).

It's unlikely that Garuda would not sell that fare unless they deleted it from their own computer system without telling the rest of the world, but again...TII wink.gif" border="0

If he books and gets the same quote direct with GA he should not have any problems.

Cheers.

Garuda domestic purchased at the airport - Garuda ticket office - or through a travel agent is about Rp 1,300,000 economy and 1,800,000 business class. Thats about $140 at 9300 Rup/$ for the economy seat, which is good enough for the 1'15" flight.

Flights about every hour from 0600 to 2000, both ways. No discount available for these flights. There is a 24 hour travel agent next to Melawai Plaza, Blue Swan. I'd just buy the ticket at the airport, however, to save myself time.

Also Mandala, Boraq, Merpati, and a couple of new ones have flights which are probably offering cheaper flights than GA.

quote:

Originally posted by USVirgin:

Mman,

I don't mean to say that I am right and you are wrong, because you are there and I am here (to borrow a phrase...TII!).

Cheers.

MM's numbers sound about right for return fairs from Jakarta to Surabaya. Buraq is a bit cheaper and can if purchased in Miraz (?) Travel (next to KIA Travel in Hotel Indonesia) include a reasonable hotel package.

You might be able to find some info here: http://www.astagatours.com/tour/

[ August 06, 2001: Message edited by: Adik Gede ]

Archived