korea info??

Big Kev

Anyone have info concerning sanuk scene in Seoul and/or other areas in Korea?

I've looked at worldsexguide.com and a couple of other sources already. But given the high regard I have for those on this group, and the helpful suggestions I've gotten here on variety of LOS topics, I thought I would inquire to see if any of you guys have Korea experience and how it compares to Thailand in terms of quality, price, availability, services, etc.

Thanks.

you cant compare korea to thailand. it is so much different. i think its more like japan. you have to go to a coffee-shop, called dabang. there you will meet girls. anything else is negotiable. the coffeshopgirl will, if she likes, deliver coffe later on to your hotel, if you call.

be prepared that korea is hell expensive, compared to thailand.

Ok. Let me shed some light on the Korea scene. It is not a comparitive review as they are completely different scenes.

Firstly, there is a distinct line between "native" areas and "foreign" areas. That is unless you can speak the language, and are willing to fork out some dough.

The traditional foreigner sanuk hang-out in Seoul is Itaewon. Home to 10s of thounsands of US army troops and some average lady action. This place has earned a nasty reputation of late. There have been a few murders, a number of rapes, nightly brawls, rip offs everywhere, shady nigerian businessmen, seedy Russians, and crazy Australians. You have to love the place. I have to say, in the few years I've been here, I have not been in any trouble. Best normal bars (family style) at the moment (IMO) are Geckos, 3 Alley, JJs, Nashvilles Rooftop, Panchos Rooftop, Seoul Pub. Pool darts good food and interesting conversation. There are some real characters in Seoul.

Then there's "hooker hill". A distinct hill of horrors probably 300 meters in length all told, where you buy the ladies of the night drinks (20,000 won each - $15). They drink fast. After a few of these you may get a bj or some hand action. The most likely outcome is the ladies will milk your wallet dry and you will need to swipe the plastic to get any real action. These ladies are true professionals. Their motto "my time is your money". * Tip # 1 - Enter these places with caution and preferably a pal. I've heard many stories of credit card rip offs etc. It's all part of the fun of the hill. My pick - The Royale.

Apart from the hill there are numerous "high class" hostess bars in Itaewon. 20,000 per lady drink (thirsty girls) for companionship and maybe a bit of leg but no more. Unless, that is, you are willing to pay. The starting price for some hostess action is approximately 200,000 won ($150) for some horizontal line dancing. I have heard of people paying 500,000 won. IT's up to your negotiation skills and looks I guess. Tip # 2 - wait until 2 o'clock for these places to close and then hit the Hollywood Basement nightclub. The girls usually hang-out there after work. Who knows? You may even end up getting some pro bono action.

Next along the money chain is the Hyatt Hotel nightclub - JJ Mahoneys. Great live music at the moment, and a good nightclub/bar. Drinks run from 10,000 won ($8) for water coke or basic beer to ... cardiac unit at the Yonsei Hospital. High class hookers at the bar. Plenty of girls on the dance floor. IMF size financial package required ($200 and up).

The traditional native "red light" districts (they really do have bright red lights like the butcher shops here) are Chongryangli, Miali, Yongsan, and Yong dong po. Acres of action. All in the vicinity of 50,000 - 60,000 won ($40). Chongryangli and Yong dong po are not very foreigner friendly these days, however Miari and Yongsan are. Great looking girls. One shot and your out the door; they usually get whiney after 20 minutes or so.

Next are the bath houses (Said Turkey Tang). The Turkish Government has raised a stink over the name. Exactly 130,000 won ($100) should get you 2 hours of pleasure. Facial, mud pack, cucumber on the eyes, bath, bj, massage, humpy-pumpy. Ask your taxi driver, they are good referal sources.

A big leap to the "Dan lan ju joms" and "Room Salons". These are for those of us with no where else better to spend a thousand dollars or so. A group of 4 lads (one girl each, two bottles of scotch to share, and one plate of fruit) will start at 500,000 won ($400). Not bad you might say. Well the average cost is more like $800, and that does not include extra services with the ladies. That will cost an extra $150 or so. As you see, this is where serious won is parted with, and we can test our vocal talents in the confines of a small room. The cost depends on a number of factors. First and foremost being location. The business districts are the most expensive. My Picks - Bukchangdong: Close to city hall directly behind the plaza hotel. A strip show with beer poured everywhere. *Note- You pay for the beer at jacked up rates. Kangnam and Apgujong... pricey.

Hope this is informative. If you want more info let me know.

SM

In Itaewon, what about the disco/dance hall places? I believe the main one I'm thinking of is the King Club--long time (70s at least) GI favorite. Still open, what kind of action? Know from the last trip in 96 that company is expensive, but the place still has some attraction for some of us.

Yes, Itaewon has its moments. I'm just trying to give a broad outline of the major attractions. It was not meant to be a definitive guide. There are literally hundreds of bars in the Itaewon area alone.

The King Club is still operating. I haven't been there in a while, but I've heard that it is going down hill. Stompers on the hill is the best place to go after midnight if you want to dance. 5,000 won cover charge, including one free drink. Itaewon is changing a lot these days, and from what some of the local barflies have to say ,it is basically unrecognizable from the days of old.

There are many more entertainment alternatives in Seoul and throughout Korea. If people are interested, I will go into further detail.

I could go into great detail about the non-bargirl element. Hongdae is the college techno district, Shinchon is a favorite for English teachers (due to proximity to major universities), Apgujong is the classiest area ("Once in a blue moon" jazz bar is a personal favorite).

One of my personal favorites is a Buffet restaurant/drinking establishment called "Carne Station". Imagine all the food (meat) you can eat plus all the beer, spirits, wine and traditional liquor you can stomach for 19,000 won ($15). Amazing value and you cook the food on your own table front bbq.

Seoul is a drinkers paradise.

SM

If you want to experience being rejected try going to O-Pal-Pal (phonetic spelling) area in Seoul. This is one of the glass house areas. I had a forced stop over one night on my way to BKK via Korean Air. Thought I would check out sanuk. I only had time for one area. I really picked the wrong one. I avoided Itaewon because of reports of rip-offs and high prices

Had a taxi take me to O-P-P without a problem. We drove around the glass house streets a couple of times. Many beautiful girls. This was going to be great I thought. The girls are behind sliding glass doors like a patio. They bang on the glass with their rings to get your attention. I was the only white person I saw. First one said no, picked another and another no. Honestly, I started going up and down the streets and 50 girls said no.

I walked away from the main area into the cheap looking places (no glass). I was offered a couple of girls (4 at best). The rooms were awful looking. One big mamasan blocked my way out. I had to push a little to get by. I sort of indicated I didn't like the room and the arrangement, but might have said OK if I liked the girl.

Went back to the main area for a few more rejections. Finally a yes by a not very attractive 6. I said OK and we settled on $60 US. Mostly I was interested in what it was like behind the glass. The room was nice and we got down to business. A starfish in a hurry was what I got. She didn't like it that I was taking my time. I left after 30 minutes or so as it really wasn't working and she wanted me out.

I'll try some of the suggestions I read here next time.

Pattayaman,

I wish you had a PM email address, so I could tell you what I really think of that trash that you encountered in Korea. Really sorry to hear of their economic woes. Wish them the best. frown.gif" border="0 Boo, hoo.

I can assure you that they scream bloody murder about the light-weight racism they encounter in America.

vtombrown - It would have been very depressing if I wasn't headed to LOS. I was told this was a Korean place and not for farang. They were right. I'm glad I went, but was very happy to arrive at BKK the next day.

Archived