Phnom Penh motorcycle rental

I rented a motorcycle from the Lucky Lucky motorbike rental place right beside the Hong Kong hotel on Monivong. The price was $3 for a small one and $5 for a bigger off-road style one. I only rented it for a few days because it was a pain to get it in and out of the apartment complex that I was staying in and also moto taxis are everywhere and so cheap that I thought that the rental was unnecessary.

nepfan,

Lucky Lucky and New New are next door to each other on Monivong next to what used to be the Hong Kong Hotel and both rent bikes for the same prices as Lucky stated. You have to surrender your passport and are liable if the bike disappears ($600 for the small bikes). I am sure that's a possibility in a country this poor, but I haven't heard of it happening and don't worry about it anymore.

While it's true that moto taxis are plentiful and cheap, I enjoy riding my own bike and the freedom it allows me and it's a big part of what I enjoy about Phnom Penh. I also feel more safe when I am in control rather than on the back of a moto-taxi.

Bring your own helmet.

Ranger

Thanks guys. I'm learning my way around the town enough that I want to try a few places I read about. Trouble is I only get a blank look from the Moto drivers, or my driver if I have one. Figure I can do better recon on my own. Kind of like going to K11 and getting drunk for the afternoon. Not sure what I'll do about that.

Archived