Any advice on Bogor/Indonesia?

homeboy03

• 2 weeks later...

Homeboy,

If you are Staying in Bogor you won't find a lot there. But, you are not to far from Puncak. It's a weekend retreat for many Jakartan's with heaps of bars and Karaoke style places. You will find what you are looming for around here.

Regards

Gado

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by homeboy03:

Thanx! You've been to Yogyakarta too?

Bye, Homeboy

I remember in 94, the bar "Borobodur" had friendly freelancers, at least i think that is what i think they were, as i agree with Prosal on other posts that things are not exactly the same as Thailand. The big disco, i hear it's still there, was called PAPILLON (butterfly in french, and i really think it had its name in french) and i was not even 2 minutes in the place,i was asked to dance by a really sexy girl, 5ft7, wonderful body, and i ended up spending the week with her, and she even brought a really cute friend for the very first 3-some of my young life. She never asked herself for money, but asked me to make a "donation" to her friend. Sure, no problem!

I remember, in the evening, i took them to see that Scorcese movie about turn of the century NY, can't recall the name. We fell asleep in the theater, but quite awake later on.... Conclusion: Yogya should not be a problem for nightlife.

I lived in Bogor for 2 years and there is not much going on there. Best advice is to take a taxi or car and driver to Jakarta. You should be able to get a Taxi or car and driver for the night for about $20.

In Bogor itself the Barracuda (Jalan A. Yani close to Jambu Dua) has women available, but when I left at the beginning of 2000 they were mostly pretty old. The Raja Inn (south from Old Hero on Gudunggede) has a dangut bar with an okay selection of women. It is probably the best place in Bogor. Another possibility in town is the dangut bar next to the Hotel Pangrango 2. Up the hill to Puncak, along Jalan Pajajaran, the Puri Mirah is a good dangut bar on the left hand side about 10k out of town. Continuing further up towards Puncak, just before the Raffles restaurant, take a very sharp right turn and go down the hill. There is a large brothel complex. The women aren't stunners but there is lots of selection. The place itself is pretty grotty and can be a bit intimidating but I always had fun there. Most places in the Bogor and in Puncak are shut down during and for sometime before and after Ramadan. Jakarta is close and has a far better selection.

P.S. Dangut is Indonesian music listened to by the less western types. It sounds vaguely Indian. In the bar, everybody gets up and dances in two lines. It is worth it to go to a dangut bar just for the experience. The singers dress very sexy and are sometimes available although freelancers are more common.

Thank you blokes for all your replys!! At delphi forums at the indonesia forum which name I forget, anyway, where they don't post much in English and don't pass that much information one guy told me to go to pasar kembang in Yogya. It should be near the train station. Anyone been there? Is this a fake? Bye, H.

quote:

Originally posted by homeboy03:

Thanx! You've been to Yogyakarta too?

Bye, Homeboy

As a good alternative to Yogja , i 've always prefered going to Solo,the city is much less tourist/backpakers oriented,as interesting and the surroundings are really beautifulls.

As there are only very few tourists,a bule is the object off all attentions.

You can go to Regent Disco,really very good for free sanuk or order a 'KFC' delivery at your hotel,if it's your scene,price is 200 000 ST, they deliver within 20 minutes,contact 99 Enterprise or Aldida,ask your hotel doorman the phone numbers.(i never experienced myself,as it's not my views of sanuk, but it's quiet famous there)

Cheers

Prosal

[ September 19, 2001: Message edited by: Prosal ]

Prosal and the rest of the crew,

If you want to feel like a real wild card, why not try Semarang. Last time I was there on business experienced a variety of "chick behind the window" sort of stuff thought I was back in Pattaya or Phuket. Most were very young and attractive. I didn't pay was a sort of business perk.

I did notice in the morning many farangs in Hotel Ciputera took LT's and were exceptionally sensational looking women, more so than it JKT.

Spending years in and out of JKT I've seen alot and this place did open my eyes. I guess there are surrounding bars and discos. I heard a disco around the corner. I didnt get a great deal of time to explore.

If you dont like standing out I wouldn't go there but for exceptional looking girls it might be worth a look in.

But, with out a doubt its eyes are on you most of the time. Who cares anyway ???

BTW if you like Korean food there are a lot of korean restaurants up in the surrounding hills. Great food. First real good Korean I've eaten in Indo ...

Regards

Gado

quote:

Originally posted by gadogado:

Prosal and the rest of the crew,

If you want to feel like a real wild card, why not try Semarang.

I did notice in the morning many farangs in Hotel Ciputera took LT's and were exceptionally sensational looking women, more so than it JKT.

Gado

Gado,you have found the wright words,and when you say 'exectionally good looking women',i believe it from a JKT senior expert!! (can you remember those places names in Semarang?)

OK,Semarang,here we come !!!

Prosal

Archived