Wibble in Siem Reap's nightlife

Well, I was just in Siem Reap about 2-3 weeks ago and here's my take.

Hotels, in the 15-25 dollar range, shit holes and I tried 4 of them. But you gets what you pay for. I'm sure the $150 ones are quite nice.

Restaurants, limited range and are good, but one in particular (Campuccino Pizza) was excellent.

Nightlife, I only saw Martini's and Bakheng night clubs. And two little brothels around the corner from the Stung Siem Reap. I liked Martini's and had some good girls from there, once I'd learned to put the mamasan off until I was ready to make my choice. Bakheng was busier and I was searched for weapons going in as were others, had to fend off a Thai Katoey but never the less found good female company there. The two brothels were adequate, but in both cases the girls (18 and 19) were a bit business like for my taste.

So go to Siem Reap, do the temples and then leave. Phnom Penh is better.

I was in Siem Reap this month for the first time (11-12 Aug 2001). While the Ruins where awesome in found the sanuk activities to be very disappointing.

Started of at Zanzybar which is a nice relaxed bar with a few nice looking freelancers and many "not so beautyfull".

Went across the street to Bakheng Disco. What a terrible place! Music way too loud. Many girls standing outside, but no one more than a 5.

Went to the karaoke place next to Zanzybar, and was quoted 30$ ST boom boom!! Since my last trip to Cambo was to PP where 5$ would get you an ST with a nice 7-8, I could only laugh the Papasan off. No deal.

Lost my patience an asked a moto to take me to a brothel. He

took me to a place near the Caltex station on Route# 6. I was quoted 20$ for ST boom boom. Being tired and horny I settled for 15$ after some bargaining.

In the ST room I was then told that i had only paid for boom boom and not yum yum which would be another 10$. Aaargghh. No way. She then demanded that I used not one, but two (!) condoms for the boom-boom.

All in all I found the quality of the girls to be very low and the prices much much higher than PP. Why I don't know.

Part of the problem may be that this was a trip we decided for just the day before we went. Therefore very poor preparation i.e. no time to surf the sites for good Info.

Archived