Good Hotel California in Phnom Phen

Just got back from Cambodia and stayed at California both of the times I was in PP.

Room (3rd floor river view) was good, staff most concerned that the aircon was working correctly and would turn it on if I left the room and left it off.

Staff had the best attitude, laundry was as cheap as its possible to be (1,000 riel for 3 shirts, 2 pants and sundries).

Great location, they booked me a river boat up to Siem Reap and a Hydrofoil back at $25 each way, with discount and car to boat thrown in.

$17 a night and better than any shithole I paid $20 for in Siem Reap (there were 4)

Sounds good, thanks for the update. I'm considering this hotel amongst others. Everyone who's stayed there has commented on the friendly staff.

A couple of questions, any hassle bringing girls back, I assume not of course from what I've heard!

Secondly, any need to book in advance, or plenty of room? I've never booked in PP before, no need usually.

Cheers,

Deejay.

Bringing girls back is not a problem, they go to sleep at 10 or 11 but they sleep behind the door and they will open it up before you've got off the moto usually.

I would book if you want a river view room, there're only 3 of the 24 and it was full when I was there. cambodia_hotel_california@hotmail.com

Tell the lady with the big smile Mr Mark sent you... She'll help you with boat tickets et al.

Thanks Coss,

I'll certainly check the place out. Location is just what I'm after, price is right and no girl hassles! I heard the river view rooms have a balcony, is it their own private balcony or is it shared? What about TV, fridge?

Sorry for all the questions but it's too good an opportunity to miss not to enquire when you've just stayed there!

Cheers,

Deejay.

TV, fridge, aircon and fan, shower, bath, flush loo, table and chair, 2 lounge chairs, wardrobe, king bed, windows on two walls.

And the balcony is the access to the room so the people in rooms further back in the building can access it but no one did whilst I was there.

http://www.cafecaliforniaphnompenh.com/

for pix

the three floors are set above the California Cafe

Thanks again, that covers just about everything! I was going to stay at the Hong Kong but as you know someone blew it up, this looks like a nice alternative.

Archived