You must see Angkor

Yes you must, I managed to spend a week in and around Angkor, truly amazing. I have enough Vid for an hour of doco.

It's a pity that the accommodation is in Siem Reap (15-20 gets you nothing) but 3 days would be a good time to spend at the temples.

I've researched Angkor a bit and they had a city of a million people at a time when London England was a mere 30,000.

Highly recommended

I only got a second to write--I have to go to bed for crissake. But, I totally agree with Coss. Angkor is awesome. Be sure to hit the nearby (hokey) Vietnamese floating village while you are at it.

Go before the damn place is overrun with tourbuses. It's tourism numbers currently are MORE than doubling every year. Now, or never.

I'm sure Coss will share more of his experiences as time permits. If not, and you want more info on the atmosphere, shoot me a PM.

Note--No visa is needed (it is available, cold, on arrival). But, try to remember to bring two spare passport photos, otherwise, you have to pay a "fine," or maybe stand in an extra line. smile.gif" border="0

[ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: vtombrown ]

I was there in the summer of 98 and I agree. Go there as fast as possible. This is the only tourist atttraction of international class that they have in Cambodia and in a couple of years the place will probably be packed with tour busses.

regards

ALHOLK

quote:

Originally posted by vtombrown:

I only got a second to write--I have to go to bed for crissake. But, I totally agree with Coss. Angkor is awesome. Be sure to hit the nearby (hokey) Vietnamese floating village while you are at it.

Go before the damn place is overrun with tourbuses. It's tourism numbers currently are MORE than doubling every year. Now, or never.

I'm sure Coss will share more of his experiences as time permits. If not, and you want more info on the atmosphere, shoot me a PM.

Note--No visa is needed (it is available, cold, on arrival). But, try to remember to bring two spare passport photos, otherwise, you have to pay a "fine," or maybe stand in an extra line.
smile.gif" border="0

[ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: vtombrown ]

Vtom, I think you wrote me that you did not make it to Cambodia this past trip! Not that it makes Angkor something to pass on. After seeing all the beautiful Apsaras on the temples, i could never bring myself down to do the sex circuit, that's for sure.

Archived