Let your guard down for a moment and.......

Zorro

One evening, I figured my total at Pam's Bar on Soi Cowboy and handed the chits and cash directly to Pam, announcing the total. She corrected my arithmetic and handed back about 80 baht more than I had expected.

Was that an unscam? No, just acting honorably, as one would expect of most business people.

Works both ways.

I agree with Buddha that this is not a Thai thing only. I check all my bills thoroughly everywhere. In Holland I even have to check grocery bills and more often than not the bills are wrong with the advantage on the stores site...The ppl who work there are simply not motivated to do their job. Or motivated to increase their salary...? And if you want to get your money back they have you fill in forms, wait for a long time, and treat you like shit. Halleluja for the low paid workers in Holland who like to abuse the shite out of you whenever they got the slightest possibility of power. "Can I use your toilet, please?" (in a restaurant or bar) "No, only for customers..."

Since a few years I live back in Holland after residing in LOS so I had to built up a whole new house. How many expensive appliances that had to go back to the store due to failure is unbelievable itself but the terrible attitude of the workers and bosses when you demand your money back after a thing fucked up 3 times already in the garantee period. Wauw that is really Holland for them to give your money back no matter how righteous you are you can shake it. Khon Kie Niaw to the fullest extent.

Simillar personal experience TC is when I set my home up in Udit. We purchased our household goods, telly, washer, m-w-oven, stereo, etc-spent a fair bit of cash, but when we did it we went to one of the smaller vendors over going to somewhere like lotus etc. The benefit came once when they dropped of the wrong telly, we rang them up, they remembered us (obviously) and to my wifes amazment the store dropped everything to make sure the problem was resolved and we were happy. They even appologised by throwing in a DeNiro DVD.

If we were to need any more household appliances then there is only one place we will go.

scratch my back, i'll scratch yours.

"Seemed a shame, since the damn fool no doubt cost himself a lot of repeat business by his simple act of greed. It always pays to check. "

his loss of face was way more important to him than loss of business( getting cought)

Archived