Bahrain nightlife?

Hi guys - I'm an occasional lurker here and I just posted about Peter Withe in another area. I live in Bahrain, and he'd just brought the Thai football team out for a game....anyhow, I happened to see the thread about sanuk in Dubai, and I wondered if any of you had any info on similar stuff in Bahrain? I've not been here very long, only a month or two, and if there's anyone around who could give me a head start, that'd be great.....Russians, Africans, Filipinas, I'm game for anything!

Manama used to rival Dubai about 7 years ago for the title "best sanuk city in the middle east". There were girls parading up and down exhibition road (or street?) flashing thier assets at you!!

However about 5 years ago the authorities made visas more difficult for the eastern bloc ladies. In addition the main clients were saudi's comming accross the causeway on a thursday evening for the weekend, and used to treat the girls like shit and destroy the hotel rooms they were staying in.

The girls themselves realised that they could make more business in Dubai, with the growth of the tourism and the expanding corporate offices.

It is probably these factors now that Bahrain has gone down the drain in terms of Sanuk. I was there about 4 years ago and you could still find some Indian or indonisian girls at some places like the Phonecia hotel, but quality is very poor and while the girls themselves only cost BD4 or 5, you have to pay BD35 to the hotel / pimp.

In my early days there, I got to know the places by asking the local taxi drivers late at night to take me to such places. You'll have to give them a tip, but at least you'll know quickly where the places are, then you can take it from there.

Please post an update report on the Bahrain scene as you discover it.

Hi Chris

Until a about a year ago I was resident in Bahrain. I agree with Steve's comments in that it has nothing on Dubai but it can still be a great place.

These comments were correct as of last year but things may have changed now.

In terms of girls on the game it is not as obvious as Dubai. A lot of girls mainly East Europeans just operated out of their hotel rooms and did not visit the bars at all. But if this is your thing just go to the Gulf Pearl, Bahrain International, Phonecia etc book a room for the night and tip the bell boy or concierge to let you know which rooms the girls are in. If you ring their room they will then come to your room.

There are also a lot of girls who are willing to be your "girlfriend" !!

The "Seashell" hotel is good for Africans i.e Etheopians, Eritreans. There is a a band on the ground floor and a disco upstairs which is good after midnight.

For filipinas, you must have noticed that there are loads working as waitresses, shop girls etc. Just get chatting to them and then pass them your business card or telephone number. A suprisingly large amount of them will ring you up a few days later at which time you can arrange a meeting. One of my friends used to pass out about 10 -20 business cards a week and he always used to have about 3-4 girls on the go at any one time.

Then there are the gulf air girls which represents a large range of nationalities.If you want to get to them before anyone else. Satrting driniking in the Sherlock Holmes in the Gulf Hotel. Gulf air always put their new stewardesses in there and they invariably end up drinking in this bar. One of my friends ( a fellow patron of the nana plaza)couldn't help himself in there one night when twenty newly recruited Thai girls walked in the bar.

Hope this is of some use

Regards

Archived