Laos -Visa

bushman

Bushman, I got this info from www.passplanet.com:

"It is possible to obtain a 15 days visa upon arrival at the following places for US$30 : International Wattay Airport in Vientiane, Luang Prabang International Airport or Mittaphab [Friendship] bridge (Thailand's Nong Khai border). But if you plan to spend more than 15 days, get a one month visa before arrival. The best place to get one is Bangkok."

Here's some additional recent info from travellers on the Lonely Planet Thorn Tree Board:

(3 Sept.) This British traveller & teenage daughter did it 3 weeks ago, piece of cake as they say. $30 each visa except after 4.00pm and weekends when its $31 (overtime!). no trouble at all, tuk tuk to the bridge (40-60baht) and over you go. Very safe and quite speedy but try to avoid the arrival of the groups - they queer things up because there is only one visa window for everything.

(5 Sept.) i got the latest news from the lao embassy in washington. you can cross the border at the friendship bridge. you need 30 or 50 USD, depends on the visa you want and 3 (!) new passport photos!!! i'll do the ame in about 1.5 weeks.

enjoy your trip!

Archived