Taiwan

didierhardy

Their is an area "farang" around the President Hotel---can't remember the areas name.Very expensive and not to be compared to Sanuk in SE Asia

I go to Taipei every year but for only 3-4 days as their is very little to do.

As a side bar their is a very nice inexpensive ($55.00 US$) in Taipei name is

Bagiuo Hotel

Bush

There is an area around the Imperial Intercontinetal Hotel called 'The Zone' which has a mixture of beer bars, restaurants, massage parlour, and hostess bars.

Looks of girls ( I did not venture into the hostess bars however) and price would put me off.

When last in town I still recall a drunken expat I met at one of the bars constantly telling me not to go with any of the girls just before leaving for home as STD's were a problem. Isn't it everywhere?

Anyway my right hand looked a lot more attractive than many of the girls that I saw

Taipei city sanuk has been dry for the most part for several years but has began to loosen up recently. I personally don't care for the "zone" all the much. Girls are not that attractive and very expensive. There are some saunas where you can get full service such as the one above the Asiaworld shopping center. Price NT$4000. I have been able to find some barbershops that offer more than a haircut as well.

Freelancers can be had at the disco at the Grand Hyatt - Zigga Zagga?? Price NT$6K-8K

Weekends better than weekdays and Ladies night is Tue or Wed I think. After midnight is best.

The southern city of Kaoshiang is much more sanuk friendly. A little like the wild west and everything is in the native language, so things are easier if you can speak chinese.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Sorry, not a reply but an additional question: I too may be going through Taipei next week on my way to BKK. Is the airport near any of these places you have mentioned in case I get stuck and have to overnight there? A cheap hotel is the most important thing but it would be a bonus if there were something to do nearby as well. Any suggestions for a possible layover? Thanks.

Archived