Brasil : lowest currency

Prosal

Maybe it's time to reconsider side trips to Rio , as the Brasilian Real is really low, now 3 for one $ (three years ago was 1 real/1$),and security is no more a problem.

A friend just come back , had all the fun a sanuker can usually have in Rio (excellents Bahiana seafood restaurants,dozens of disco with brasilian live music,always packed, gorgeous girls in the sack everyday) and spent less money, for the same time (five weeks), than i spent in Jakarta and BKK !!

Prosal

Are you talking US$ ? If so, then, actually I think it has gone only from 1.19:1 to 2.72:1. (http://www.x-rates.com/cgi-bin/hlookup.cgi) But, yes, a pretty nice jump. Tempting to visit Rio.

I have no idea why it would be any less dangerous today than it ever was. Why would anyone think Brasil is safe? I haven't been there in a while, but I doubt anything has changed for the better, other than the currency.

Of course, the women cannot be improved upon. Yum! laugh.gif" border="0

[ October 18, 2001: Message edited by: vtombrown ]

quote:

Originally posted by vtombrown:

I have no idea why it would be any less dangerous today than it ever was. Why would anyone think Brasil is safe? I haven't been there in a while, but I doubt anything has changed for the better, other than the currency.

[ October 18, 2001: Message edited by: vtombrown ]

Vtombrown

I think Rio changed,i was there two years ago,and felt really safe.I went every night in Centro (where the best brasilians dance club for middle class are) which could be much less safer than Ipanema or all 'Zona Sul', and never felt unsecurity or never feared violence .

My friend told me this year was better than ever,the municipality made many things for the promotion of tourism in the city,cleaned criminality and the ambiance (even in Centro and Santa Teresa ,trendiest areas for the moment,as Gavea and Lagoa) was really cool and easy going .

Anyway,if you plane to go one day, i'll send you the phone number of a friend's sister who who rent a little apartment in Copacabana, close from Help laugh.gif" border="0 ,only 40 reals a day !

Prosal

I'm only guessing, since I haven't been there in a while, but extrapolating from past experiences, I'd say about the equivalent of THB3,000, and she would be tall, about 24 years old, and maybe have attention-getting hips and crooked teeth. More than a few of my girls fit that description.

If Prosal doesn't chill out on his Rio posts, I'm gonna end up changing my December LOS itinerary to Brasil. shocked.gif" border="0

Still don't believe it's safe, though. No way.

Great to see some Rio posts. I just about abandoned BKK in favor of Rio. I'll be there on the 10th of November so if anybody is there the same time we can have a couple of chopps.

Prosal, I sent you a PM. I hope you received it. That apartment you mentioned seems interesting from a price perspective. I'm taking a couple of rookies with me. I can't wait to see their jaws drop once we step inside one of the termas.

quote:

Originally posted by stayawayjoe:

Great to see some Rio posts. I just about abandoned BKK in favor of Rio. I'll be there on the 10th of November so if anybody is there the same time we can have a couple of chopps.

Prosal, I sent you a PM. I hope you received it. That apartment you mentioned seems interesting from a price perspective. I'm taking a couple of rookies with me. I can't wait to see their jaws drop once we step inside one of the termas.

Joe, i'll send you this weekend the phone number of the girl owner of the apartment, as i said it's a little one with only one room and salon, it could be good for you but depressing for three shocked.gif" border="0

Anyway please note that some different pleople confirmed THE very good place for the moment in Rio (non pro),is "By Marius" in Centro (Rio Branco),a place with live music every evening and night, always packed with many girls (they start goind there after work in offices to eat and dance), single nights on Wednesday laugh.gif" border="0 .

Boa viagem cool.gif" border="0

[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: Prosal ]

Vtom,

Will do. Hey I'll post a report from a trip I made in March just to further pique your interest.

This is a trip report from a vacation I took in March to Rio. I thought I should share it. Here goes:

I just completed 9 days of debauchery. Though I did take 1 1/2 days off in the middle to recharge. I was wiped out. Too much too fast you know. I'll give a terma rundown. The first one I visited was Rio Antigo. This was on a Monday. There was 40 to 50 women here and perhaps 7 males. The ladies were attractive enough. I had a great time with a sweetheart called Raissa. Even when we departed the cabin she sat with me for quite a while and we chatted. I was able to augment my Portuguese with her assistance.

The next terma I visited was 4x4. I arrived here about 6:00 pm. I can see why others rave about this place, but for me it was frustrating. It does indeed have a high number of women. Many of which are attractive. The only problem was that there was an equal number of men. The place was packed like a rush hour subway car. Whatever woman caught my eye was already taken by someone else. This theme ran throughout the night. I wound up just settling for someone who was unattached. It was ho-hum. I suggest anyone coming here to start at least midafternoon to get first crack. I believe it opens at noon.

Termas Aeroporto was another of my terma stops. Whoever suggested this place merits the death penalty. There was a $R50 entrance fee. The women here were listless and hardly stimulating. I wasted nearly 3 hours in this place hoping that what I was witnessing were only the bench players in action. The starters, when they showed up, were no better. It was the first time I entered a terma and did not avail myself of the services.

The last two I visited were L'Huomo and Solarium. I have a soft spot for L'Huomo because I met a darling there on my last trip. It was good this time also. Solarium was the best that I visited. It had about 30 or so women and easily had the highest ratio of very attractive women to just so-so attractive women.

I have a suggestion for those visiting a terma. ORDER SOMETHING TO EAT. I did this three times while I was there. I honestly did not know these places had a menu. I saw a lady there eating a snack and I happened to be a little hungry myself. I asked if I could order something myself and she brought a menu that basically had those brazilian snacks such as coxinhas(shredded chicken stuffed inside a fried potato ball) and misto quente(grilled ham and cheese) among some other items. When my coxinhas arrived, this knockout started to feed me. She would kiss the coxinhas and then sensuously offer to me. This is one of those little pleasures that once added up form the sum of a memorable trip.

I took time time out two nights to go to a couple of non-pro discos. The first was Mariuzinn which is on Rua Julio Castilhos about 5 blocks south of Help and two blocks in from Atlantica. It was a small place. Everyone knew everyone elso and was much younger than I. I'm 38. I was invited there by a sweet 19 year old girl that I met over the internet. The next place I went to was Ballroom on Rua Humaita. This was another tough place to crack. Everyone was all coupled up. If anyone knows of a disco in Rio where I can pick up a non-pro Brasiliera, please tell me.

THE MISTAKE. I made one. Perhaps we can call it an error of interpretation. I walked out of the Hotel Debret one evening about 8pm. A girl was passing by as I exited and we said hello. She was pretty with a voluptuous body type, just the kind I like. She happened to speak Italian as well as Portuguese so I was able to converse with her as I speak Italian also. We small talked a bit at the corner. I told her I was going across the street to do a little shopping where they set up stands on the divider on Atlantica and that perhaps I'll see her around. She said she was going to Atlantica Terraco(the outdoor restaurant outside Help) to meet a friend. So I finish my shopping, bring the goods back to my hotel room, and head down towards Help. I see her then standing alone looking for her friend. I invite her to sit down with me and we spend about a half hour talking. I said to myself I might as well go for it. I asked her if she wanted to make love. She blushed. I thought this was a little odd. But then she said yes. She didn't mention money. Hmmmm? We went to the Vanity Hotel on Sr. Copacabana and spent 2 very good hours there. I was ready to shower, leave and be on my way. I'm sensing that she is upset. She still hasn't asked me for money and I'm wondering what the protocol is when a hooker hasn't asked for money. We walk back to Terraco and sit down. I give her signals that I'm going to be on my way and I'll see her around. She's angry but thankfully controls it. She said she thought we hit it off and wanted to spend some time with me. It turns out she wasn't a prostitute at all. I had just assumed she was because of the locale. I felt guilty. I didn't want to further insult her by offering her money. I did offer to pay her taxi money so she could get home safely that night. Morale of the story: I have no fucking idea.

Moving on. I decided to try some garotas de programma from the internet and Globo. The first one I called was Bionda at www.prazer.com.br/bionda/index.html. For those of you who know the passion a garota can deliver during lovemaking, this one took it to another level. This one was a tigress. VORACIOUS. I was left like a dying lion in her arms after an hour. She lives with 3 other girls at a secure and very clean apartment. It is on Rua Sa Ferriera(one block south of the Hotel Debret) near Rua Barrata Ribeiro. You'll have to call first for an appointment and know some Portuguese of course. The cost was $R100 for a hour. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

The next one was from hotside at www.hotside.com.br/carine.htm. She is a mulatta. The apartment was across the street from the Meridien Hotel on Princessa Isabella. This one offered all orifices and surprisingly put her tongue deep into, well, I'm almost chagrined to say. The cost was $R60 for an hour.

THE FINALE. I decided to have a rare foray into what Alex from a Clockwork Orange might have referred to as a little bit of the old ultradecadence. I called a travesti(pre-op). Dicey, fun and unique to say the least. She has an apartment near Figueredo Magalhaes and Siquera Campos. For those of you who are curious or into this sort of thing, her website is www.netgay.com.br/jornal/cintia.htm. She is just as stunning in person as her picture. The cost was $R30 for an hour.

Archived