Siam Reap fun

Try reposting in the "regional sanuk" folder.

Yes there is a fair bit of nightlife in Siem Reap but it doesn't compare with the other major farang destinations in Cambodia. Girls there see a lot of tourists and can be a bit hardcore. Asking prices can be more than what you'd pay in Thailand, of course you should negociate.

There are exceptions of course, everyone's mileage may vary, and I've met one or two nice freelancers with good attitudes there, but IMHO the main reason to visit Siem Reap is to visit Angkor, not chase girls.

There is a SR version of Martinis, a pale imitation of the PP original, and several other discos where freelancers hang out. Zanzibar is a quiet expat bar, a good place to start the evening, have a word with the staff and regulars who should be able to point you in the right direction.

Also for more detailed info check out

www.sanukcambodia.com www.delphi.com/fic2 www.delphi.com/funincambodia

Spent one night i SR. For Sanuk this city is the bottom. Was quoted silly prices by hardcore girls (20 - 30$ for st + extra for yum-yum).

My recommendation: Enjoy Angkor Wat in the day, have a quiet beer at Zanzibar in the evening and go early to bed alone.

Archived