Jajah VOIP cheap calls to LOS

BuffHello

Jajah VoIP service launches in the UK

Posted by Amber Maitland

08 June 2006 - Now available in the UK, Jajah simplifies making calls using VoIP technology.

Unlike many other services, you don't have to install extra equipment to make a phone call ? you make it over your normal telephone.

To use Jajah, you visit the website to enter your phone number and the number of the person you want to call, and click "Call".

Both your telephone and the person you're trying to reach will ring, so you simply pick up your handset and connect.

Rates for calls are quite low, with a call from London to New York cost 1.2pence a minute, and a call to Bangkok just 2.2pence per minute.

It can even be used for mobile-to-mobile calls that cost 18pence a minute.

Additional services include a "call schedule" function, so that you can set-up calls in advance.

Jajah has been available in the US since March.

pocket-lint.co.uk

thailand mobiles are around 2cents(calling from landline), so yeah a pretty good deal - we couldn't live without now ;)

only their credit card payment sucks as they block it on a whim :banghead:

oh best thing though is that speech quality is better than fixed line which often have delays & distortion!!

Looks expensive to me. I call Thai mobiles for 1p per minute from my normal landline using numbers obtained on the net from "The Nifty List" - appears on my bill as "Non International Call". I've been using this method for over a couple of years and had relatively few problems - occasional breakdown in service but usually OK. You do have to check back every so often as the pre-number you dial does change after a few weeks. Most of my calls don't even get itemised as they are below the itemised limit!

• 1 month later...

I'm using jajah for a few weeks now and I have to say that it's working perfectly.

2 cents/minute from my landline and 15 cents/minute from the mobile.

That's the cheapest available here and the quality of communication is just perfect.

SMS to Thailand cost 6 cents which is also a good price.

Free calls between jajah users even (only landline) which means that if you can register one of the numbers in your profile from Thailand then you can call it for free.

Highly recommended to everyone.

Joeed

Archived