WC2006 First Match Predictions

ChristianTroy

just don't let Mentors or ChristianTroy give you any betting tips........

their predictions of the 1st 2 Games were very interesting AND TOTALLY WRONG............. :doah:

but then again i had Germany to keep a clean sheet and Poland to win in Zaad's Game...........

My first match prediction, in hindsight, is that England will dominate the first half of their match against Paraguay, being positive and energetic and then Sven'll get his negative Italian hands on them at half-time and tell them to do nothing but defend. :cussing::banghead:

We're not going to get as far as we should unless Sammy Lee nuts him and tells the English boys to play our natural game. ::

I thought England sucked. They were too static, I haven't seen any decent final passes, the two (!) shots on target were shots out of the second line. They didn't create any chances! Ericson's master stroke was to resort to a 4-5-1 system with crouch as lonely striker was absolutely ludicrous. And a player like Beckham lacks the speed to play on the right midfield position. He was the one who should have been substituted, IMO. If England don't up their game, I don't see them progressing past the second round.

The thing is: they don't have to play like that. I know it's hot (which goes against our usual style) but against Brazil 2002, France 2004, Portugal 2004, Argentina 2002 and now this we've at least held our own and looked a good side in the first half. Then we go a goal up and try to go all Italian in the second halves, playing deep and doing nothing but defend the lead. We bring it upon ourselves. WTF? ::

On the other hand, if the players decide not to listen to Sven, I reckon we'll go far! :D

Archived