Visa for vietnam vvvvvvvv....

Is anybody aware how long it takes to get a Visa for Vietnam. A company www.olavi.com have a service that charge 2,300 B and takes 4 working days apperently.

Is it possible to get the Visa in person from the Vietnam Embassy in Bangkok? what about lonq Q's?

I'd like to spend a few days in Samui before heading to Vietnam but probably wouldn't be allowed to fly if I left my passport with the Olavi crowd.

Cheers.

The answer is yes and no. The BKK Vietnam emabassy will collect your documents and express mail them to Hanoi for approval. I think the best turnaround you can get is three days. I can't remember for certain if they send your passport to Hanoi, or just a send a certified copy. But, I think that they do keep your passport. Hopefully, someone with a better memory will also post, with more specificity. One thing is for sure, you cannot get your visa in one day---don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise.

PS--The queues are small, but they take a long time, because the employees have a shit attitude (which is understandable).

PPS--If you can't find this thread, next time you check, then look in the Transportation or Regional Sanuk areas.

I arranged for a trip to Hanoi, from Cambodia one day, then traveled to Hanoi after one days wait. So, I made arrangements for the trip say Tuesday, and was in Vietnam Thursday. My travel agent arranged for the Visa and the whole trip. I had to pass through Bangkok on my way and pick up some paperwork. When I arrived Hanoi, I was taken past the crowds and brought right in. I paid a lot for the trip though.

The Travel Company was East-West Travel in Bangkok.

Archived