quick nana area tour

buddha

a quick summary of my first night back in Bangkok...I will get more detailed as I move about

Note that I am in a serviced apartment and only have cursory info about who lives near me: boss, co-workers,?...my goal was only to reacquaint myself to some old haunts. I figure it is best to move cautiously until I know my surroundings.

Okay I started out with a visit to soi 7 to check out New Wave and the newly refurbished soi 7 biergarten.

New Wave - Amazingly enough it looked as if I had never left. There has been some development in the area, but the freelancers that were there, have been there for a while. I never understood why more guys don't rave about this place, but it did seem kind of stale last night. Seems like there were a lot of punters with 'girlfriends' in tow. Nothing worse than the look of a guy on holiday who has let himself be shackled by a bargirl. I had an 80 baht singha, talked some shit to some girls and heded over to the biergarten.

Soi 7 - Nothing like walking into the biergarten as a fresh face. If they haven't seen you before they all seem to light up when you arrive. I actually liked the new roof, I quit smoking so the tall ceiling really helps to keep things a bit less smoky. I recognized several faces and exchanged lots of smiles. There were several veterans and fresh new faces working the bar. This place gets some bad press on the message boards, there were at least 50 girls I would have no problem getting with. The biergarten is still a surreal experience for me, I wasn't about to be seduced into short time, so after I downed a 70 baht singha I bolted over to nanaplaza.

nana seemed dead to me. I headed right up to 'sexy nights' and was recognized by everyone in the bar, including the dj. I bought some drinks and was welcomed back with lots of love, the manager gave me a 'long live the king' bracelet and everyone new my name. I was surprised and really excited to be back, surely this type of welcome indicates that I am not 'poontang for sale' sniffing falang that does not cultivate 'real friendships' [yeah right!] I spent too much money in this bar and was starting to feel the 18 hour non stop flight I had just gotten off 3 hours ago. I decided to leave nana and give a look into the theramae.

Theramae - Has anyone ever ordered coffee here? I did last night and it was putrid. Much to my dismay the theramae was bangin' last night. Report after report about the dismal-ness of the theramae was way off last night at midnight. I sat and cajoled with three ladies and we all agreed 'hab too many lady'. There was an overwhelming ratio of girls to guys last night. Most of the guys were Japanese. Now they might overpay, but they sure don't bring too much personality to the table. A big smile is all you need at the therame to overcome this wave of nippon spending. There were several dozen legit sexy girls at the theramae last night.

Conclusion: I have been reading this and that about 2000 baht shortime and quality of ladies going down....tonight I will have my sea legs under me and will be looking to get a good deal of shenanigans out of my system so that I can concentrate on my first day of work on Monday. I am predicting several 500 baht shortimes and I do not intend on sacrificing quality....

Archived