Cambodia e-Visa

cavanami

That's darn interesting. It's of no use to visa runs due to the minimum stay & airport only restriction. Also interesting they even take a JPG file instead of a real photo! It's a good sign to see technology used like this because hopefully it will be expanded throughout the region.

whats the advantage really?

the added 5USD ripof self service 'processing charge' as opposed to handing over the 20usd at the airport & keeping some 5 guys busy for about 15min? :banghead:

what wankers!!!

15. Do I get a refund if my e-Visa application is not approved?

No, the e-Visa application fee is non-refundable.

16. What should I do if I receive a blank page after submitting my payment?

Please do not re-apply. Contact us at cambodiaevisa@mfaic.gov.kh

17. Would the charges for e-Visa similar to that chargeable if I was to apply for a visa personally at the nearest Embassy of the Kingdom of Cambodia?

There is an additional USD5 processing fee for e-Visa. It is to cover the additional operation cost of an online process. However, you do not need to physically travel to the nearest Embassy of the Kingdom of Cambodia as part of the application process.

whats the advantage really? the added 5USD ripof self service 'processing charge' as opposed to handing over the 20usd at the airport

If you don't happen to have US currency the cost is 1000 baht and at today's exchange rate the evisa for $25 is cheaper than paying with a 1000 baht note the old fashioned way. It also appears very convenient. No getting photos (do it for free on your PC), no passport back and forth, no waiting around for things. Based on the cost/benefits it looks worth it to me.

>If you don't happen to have US currency the cost is 1000 baht and at today's exchange rate the evisa for $25 is cheaper than paying with a 1000 baht note

oh c'mon, just *marginally* cheaper! go to Vasu Travel on the corner of suk soi 7/1 and change for some US dollars before you go, that's all...

preahko

Archived