Laos Trip

Hey Folks,

Looking for a bit of help/advice. I friend and I are going to Vientianne then to Luang Prabang and back to Vientianne. One Night each, three total. Wondering about the ladies/nightlife in each. We were hoping to rent a fast boat mfor transportation to and from Luang Prabang. Anyone know if it is a hassle?

Also need hotel rooms for both places suggestions would be much appreciated. Looking for possible nightlife.

- 2 guys armed with only roundtrip tickets to Vientiane from Bangkok for a side adventure -

Be aware that jail terms are posible penalties if caught consorting with a Lao national whilst in country. This even applies if she is your wife unless you have prior recognition of the marriage by the authorities.

quote:

Originally posted by fast_fred:

Be aware that jail terms are posible penalties if caught consorting with a Lao national whilst in country. This even applies if she is your wife unless you have prior recognition of the marriage by the authorities.

As I've said before, I've been to Laos several times with a Laos girl, no trouble at all.

The hotel staff didn't even look twice at us.

Camel150: nightlife in Laos is some years behind bangkok. They are a few bars in Vientianne where what I presume were freelancers hanging around.

I've never been up north but I imagine the nightlife scene is even more archaic.

I guess you're not going primarily for the ladies. You'll have a great time as there's lots to see in Laos.

Have fun!

Hi and thanx so far, will be in Vientiane around march. One question: I read all the boards and it seems like the only safe place to take a girl for (overnite-) guest is the Novotel?! Anyone got experience about taking a girl to other hotels? Any lists about guest-unfriendly hotels? Thanx and bye, H.

• 4 weeks later...

My girlfriend is Lao. she tells me stories about girls that farang pickup consorting with the police. You get arrested and it cost money to get out. I have not had any personal experience but I leave my covorting/sanuk scene to Thailand.

Hi homeboy,

I am with fred on this...my experience is 1 1/2years ago,so old news.... spent a week in Lao-great time, very cheap, great people, food, scenery etc. but sanuk is sketchy. We picked up freelancers at a lao dance hall in Vientiane, great girls, but they were extremely paranoid of being seen with us by police. Our hotel (small one, forget name) did not let the girls in-told us the police would come for sure and big trouble for us all....sooooo, took the girls to a short time hotel on outskirts of Vientiane-girls ducking down in car every time they see cops....anyway had totally a paranoid time at the hotel,but fun in crazy-oh shit is that the cops-kind of sex-adrenalin type thing. So take care, and don't get caught, if you do have money to pay the cops before they take you to station, same same thailand, but remember its totally illegal..... shocked.gif" border="0

Thank you guys so far! Just to get it straight, I'm not in for sanuk in the first place, just to spice up the evenings. Of course I won't take any risks, I'm not a horny bilnd-one! Gonna try my luck around the Lao-Paris Hotel plus some traditional massage parlours, and, if not lucky, will stay with the Lao Beer. Gonna have flight tommorrow to Bangkok, working my way via Korat and Udon, so, enough sanuk should be on the way before entering Laos. Tanx again, always take some care, H.

Archived