Connections and mobiles

JannikOJ

In a few months time i am going to start working freelance in my field and will use Bangkok as a base. Therefore i need some solid advice as too how i am going to set up my internet connection and mobile phone.

I am totally in the dark here so i hope you can help me out.

I am going to work over the internet so speed and reliablity is paramount. What internet provider would you suggest?

I have heard that farangs can have some problems getting a dedicated line. Sounds a bit strange. Is that true?

I also need to set up my mobile. Again reliability is very important. What company would you guys suggest if you weigh quality over price? Bare in mind that it has to perform well internationaly.

Last question...

With the danish sim i got now i get a low volume connection with delay when talking to someone in Thailand. Is that a sim problem or a phone problem? (i got a SonyEricson T630).

Phew, a lot of questions eh?

Thanks a whole bunch in advance!

Cant wait to move to Bangkok!

OJ

truemove has extensive options for this from broadband internet to mobile phone network over wireless LAN etc.

DTAC probably has the most reliable data transfer network with their edge/gprs data, but given you have a ericsson technology phone it may actually work best in AIS's ericsson network ;)

have fun!

Archived