Rio Sanuk

follies

Brazil is one of those countries where one really needs a command of Portuguese to really take advantage of the nightlife (just ask the expert - Prosal - I believe he will confirm). There are many places, even in big cities like Rio & Sao Paulo, where you'll be handicapped if your language skills are poor.

Problem is, we get a lot of guys with our company who come into Brazil - and in this case, I am referring to Rio de Janeiro - who don't speak a word of Portuguese - but they still want to go out and have a good time.

Can anyone suggest places in Rio where English is spoken a little more frequently. Don't bother suggesting Barbarellas, i am aware of that spot :o

...and PLEASE don't bother suggesting Help Disco, that's not worth the effort IMHO.

Hi Follies

Shenanigans, an "irish" pub in Ipanema. It's a kind of sports bar. You'll find many gringo chasers there (piranhas) and many of those girls speak excellent english. Lord Jim, also in Ipanema but closer from Leblon, is the same kind of place.

They could also try the Hard Rock Cafe in Barra de Tijuca.

Greetings from Bucarest, where i have THE time of my life !!

:beer:

Thanks Prosal, I know Shenanigans, never been to Lord Jim. I'll pass the info on to our rookies.

Look forward for your report on Bucharest - I visited Romania (Brasov) about ten years ago, it was so cold it was impossible to tell the men from the women because they were wearing so many clothes :D

Archived