question about Lady jeansizes (a bit off topic)

gettingno

If your g/f asked you to get her a pair of jeans in the US she probably means "Levis". If she told you that her size is 28 she means waist size 28. Most young t/g's waists are from about size 24 up to about size 28, 28 being somewhat on the large end of the thin lady scale. Knowing you g/f, does that make sense to you?

The most expensive Levis in Thailand are 501's, you know, with the button fly. They do have kind of a wide leg, not the skin tight style that most t/g's prefer. If you buy them new I suggest looking for something with a boot cut, flair, or bell bottom. Student cuts are also OK for t/g's.

If you want to save a couple of bucks look in some thrift stores and you'll probably find size 28 Levis for under $10.

Yes, when my wife first arrived in NY I bought her a size XS leather jacket and still needed to have the sleeves shortened. Her plain white wedding dress in a size 2 cost $28 on sale at Macy's (all we could find) and $40 for alterations.

It was a great day when we were directed to the children's department in Bloomingdale's to look for fall clothing in her size. Now we buy all of her clothes in children's sizes and besides having a full selection, the prices are very low.

By her own addmission she is a "small lady" and wears a children's size 10/12.

[ September 08, 2001: Message edited by: CondomKing ]

I agree with everything Condomking has said. I've bought Levis for 1 thai lady friend of 12 years and my Khmer tilac.

My thai lady friend is now 31. (I met her almost 12 years ago when she danced at a go-go bar on Soi Cowboy. She's been retired for 10 years.) Anyway, the first time I bought Levis for her she wore a 26 waist and 28 length. She was about 47 kilos and 5'4" (160 cm?) When she last "ordered" another pair, she wanted 28 inch waist--explaining that her backside was now bigger and the 28" waist would be more comfortable (indeed, her waist didn't appear to have expanded that much) :-)

As for my tilac, she's an uncommonly tall girl for an asian--almost 5'7 (167cm?) and about 53 or 54 kilos. She wears a 28Wx30L

In my opinion, it would be best to buy two pairs and return the one that is too big or too small. Alternatively, get the larger size (in your case, the 28). Two reasons: the girls invariably wear belts, so she can keep them from slipping if they have a tendancy to do so--she might also grow into them :-) also, since she told you a 28, I suspect that she knows what she's talking about.

You might want to ask her what color: black, medium, dark, or light blue. My friend prefers black; my tilac light blue. Just another confusing part of the picture :-)

Have fun shopping.

Archived