Family Registry (paper)

chuck6660

I am looking for some insight on Thai family registries.

A little background info on my inquiry:

(as short as possible)

Before our marriage, my wife lived in a house with her Mom and Sister, the house was rented from a cousin. As far as I can ascertain, my wife and her mother and sister are on the cousins registry, because they live in his house and have his address. :confused:

Now mom and sister are thinking of moving, but my wife is concern about changing the family "papers." As my wife tried to explain this family "paper" business to me, my head started to hurt, it didn't make any sense to me. From what I understood, it seems that the cousin can, not allow them to change the registry. Can anyone clarify thids for me...My head hurt too mut :doah:

The family registry is registered at a place of perm. residence. I have a thai friend that is registered at the place my wife and I own. It does not matter if it is family or not..

But yes she would have to get the orginal papers from her cousin in order to change her address. So if the cousin does not want to give this up then she may have a few loopholes to jump through

Archived