BBC on Paedophiles in Cambodia

Tonight the BBC news had a report about Paedophiles in Cambodia, a hidden camera job inside a brothel with several girls aged around 8/9/10, lots of refereneces to westerner Paedophiles but nothing on film - only of the english school teacher (who unsuccesfully tried to bribe the judge) and who, unsurprisingly, was not too keen to appear on film and bearing in mind he was already in jail it seemed a little "unchallenging" - but I suppose even a reporter for the BBC ain't gonna be stupid enough to dig too deep.

I must confess that Cambodia is a place I have always intended to visit, I imagine it has a feel kinda like the old wild west but to be honest if the brothels are typical of what I saw on TV I can't say I am over keen, even before adding in the Kiddie factor.

BTW anyone know if Katoeys are big in Cambodia?

Anyway, I wonder if the BBC crew stopped off for a few beers at NEP / Woodstock on the way through BKK? smile.gif" border="0

I saw the report on BBC World here in Australia and was hardly surprised. I was a little critical about the report as it didn't make clear the predominance of Asian pedos, be they Chinese or Khmer, in the scene. I know that Westerners do take advantage of the situation there, but I feel that its the locals who are mostly to blame.

Cheers

Jaga

Yes I saw the report on BBC World this morning here in BKK. Not great.

I think that the point they were trying to make with the English teacher was that he was the only westerner behind bars in Cambodia for paedophilia, despite offering $5000 to the judge.

In other words the locals are turning a blind eye to underage sex.

By the way what happened to the local politician (deputy Speaker of the Senate)here in BKK who was caught visiting the motel for sex with underage girls a couple of months or so ago?

Did that just go away? Now there is a shock

quote:

Originally posted by phiketpete:

By the way what happened to the local politician (deputy Speaker of the Senate)here in BKK who was caught visiting the motel for sex with underage girls a couple of months or so ago?

I think he posts here as Winston James.

LG

Archived