Mystery Guest

Is it just me or does everyone find there is always x number of members, but only one 'Guest' logged on?

Who is this guest, is it the same person all the time, am I just paranoid? God is it my wife!!!!

Gosh, I wonder which department of the Thai government monitors this site. That would be a pretty good job, reading Nanaplaza all day, but I'm sure they'd need pretty good English skills.

So come on all you English teachers, have you ever knowingly taught English to the Thai security services? And if so was it worth it?

Traitors.

crazy.gif" border="0

Nah, I doubt the Thais are interested. Really. But maybe the NSA or perhaps MI6 or maybe Mossad or who knows etc keep adding different names of various security sources ad nauseam as you descend into flights of paranoia.

quote:

Originally posted by seasider:

Is it just me or does everyone find there is always x number of members, but only one 'Guest' logged on?

Who is this guest, is it the same person all the time, am I just paranoid? God is it my wife!!!!

Sorry to help you reduce your paranoia a tad, and take just a little of the steam out of everyone else's conspiracy theories (even though their tongues were so firmly in their cheeks they may have trouble getting them out again), but if I take a look at the site at work at lunchtime I seldom sign in ( I'm not an expat so can't contribute much), and I suspect there are other semi-lurkers like me. Odds are there's going to be one or two online at any one time, and I'm partly the culprit as we have ASDL lines so I leave the site window open quite often, complete with mystery guest, for six or even ten hours at a stretch (lunch/breeakfast to after-work browse). But if there's always exactly one guest, wel, maybe it does make you wonder.....

Steve.

PS. Arrived four hours ago for the weekend. Bangkok blues already lifting from the hair of the dog (and no, this doesn't belong in the "shaved lovlies" thread.......

Seasider,

I asked the same question in the "suggestions" folder a while back and there's a very simple explanation. No matter how many guests are browsing it displays only one, this is not the same snooper every time, although that would be much more conspiratorial. Look for the original thread, I think I called it "Who's the permanent mystery guest?"

Just come back from my mates place, He hangs out in all the hacking fourums, and warez sites. and is on line 24/7. We both run a program called Neo Trace Pro. I asked him how many Trojan sub 7 attacks he gets, he says one a week. But I get at least two a day. And all I do is look at this fourum, and nanapong.

quote:

Originally posted by liquidflux:

You'd be surprised. I'm sure the thai government can and does monitor this board and others like it.

Chris

Most likely not. But there are enough thai people reading fluent english who check it that if the contents were becoming the way of lese-majesty for ex, they would report it. Otherwise, in case it is, as in the best spy novels, the one who would betray us would be one of our most trusted members/moderators, buying himself peace with the authorities. AND I DON'T GIVE A HOOT!

Archived