Where to do Laundry?

elfman36

Gentlemen:

Just a quick question... I'm leaving in 5 days for my newbie/virgin trip to BKK, and staying at Majestic Suites but am wondering where to do laundry? I would like to take as little luggage as possible so I would need frequent washings etc;

Any help would be appraciated....

Cheers,

elfman

Go across the street from Majestic Suites to Soi 5. As you walk up the Soi, there is an alley on the right that connects with Soi 7. Walk up this alley until you come to an Internet cafe on the right. Go inside and walk up the stairs two flights. There is a laundry service up there. I used them back in July and they did good work.

JGA

Having your laundry done by the hotel or another laundry service is so rediculously cheap it is silly not to have it done for you they will fold and iron everything to perfection.

You may have a few special or expensive articles that you may either wish to do yourself or find someone who will understand your explicit instructions.

Bteween soi 8/10, same side as MS try Knun Nong Laundry shop. It also has internet which is very popular as it is only 75 satang per minute. I never get the laundry done by the hotel, like to go in a shop. Not only a lot cheaper but you get to interact with the girls. -peter

quote:

Originally posted by elfman36:

Gentlemen:

Just a quick question... I'm leaving in 5 days for my newbie/virgin trip to BKK, and staying at Majestic Suites but am wondering where to do laundry? I would like to take as little luggage as possible so I would need frequent washings etc;

Cheers,

elfman

quote:

Originally posted by elfman36:

Gentlemen:

Cheers,

elfman

There is a laundry and drycleaning service on the same side as Dynasty Hotel approx 100yds further down the soi. I have used it and think it is a very good service.

J

If you want to go to Khao San Road to check it out, there is a good self service laundry there. You can throw your clothes in the wash and check out the scene. I always found the laundry services that wash your clothes for you to take way too long(1 whole day vs. self service 2 hours) and about 5X the price of doing it your self. Here is the link to AJ

laundry: http://www.khao-san-road.com/laundry.html

Don't forget the laundry service in NEP itself, take the steps on the left to the second floor, turn left and it's right in front of you, it's also a beauty parlour. I've used them before and good service.

I take just 3 or 4 changes of clothes no matter how long I'm staying, laundry is so cheap there really is no need to manage without.

quote:

Originally posted by JAYBLOOM:

If you want to go to Khao San Road to check it out, there is a good self service laundry there. You can throw your clothes in the wash and check out the scene. I always found the laundry services that wash your clothes for you to take way too long(1 whole day vs. self service 2 hours) and about 5X the price of doing it your self. Here is the link to AJ

laundry:

Openly I did frequent that area on my first visit but this saving of cost is not going to be relevant if a person is needs to consider transportation and loss of time. So this is only relvevant for persons in that hood not ?

[ September 09, 2001: Message edited by: Pom_Jao_Choo ]

Archived