Where to listen to Luktung and Morlam in Pattaya?

yahuseyyah

Is there any place where I can listen to (preferably live) Luktung and Morlam in Pattaya? I know one such place in Bangkok, called Tawan Daeng in Rattanakarn Road, and I had some grat time there. But I could not find such a place in Pattaya. And yes I asked many bargirls too :) but could not get any answer :confused: ...Thanks in advance

"CHAMP ISSAN" off South Pattaya Rd is what you want. It is a large, open air club with bamboo walls and tables. It has a large stage, most of the singers are male and dissappointingly, so are the dancers, unlike Tawan Dang in Bangkok.

The band and singers are ok but not quite as good as Bangkok.

Music starts at 8pm, the crowd starts to build around 10pm. It is a mixed group, family and co-worker parties, a lot of gays, a few falangs with either their Thai GF's or BF's

They serve ok food, drink prices are reasonable. The singers all circulate thru the audience, cadging drinks and tips.

Things usually start cooking after 11pm with people dancing in front of the stage or at the tables.

I've gone there many times and never had a problem. It's a great place to take a recently met Issan girl, they really seem to enjoy the change from the usual Pattaya fare.

Take a South Pattaya Rd. songtaow (just past the 2nd rd intersection) and get off at the third traffic lite, the club is on the far right corner of the intersection. (Uhh,---check with the driver, I'm pretty sure it's the third lite but it could be the second, I forget the name of the cross street.)

I don't know about places where they play luk tung regularly, but there is a steady stream of luk tung superstars passing through and playing big concerts. Keep your eyes out for posters or TV ads, and ask the Isarn grapevine if there are any upcoming concerts.

dddave,

if the place is open in the daytime also I may have been there several times, but no music at that time of day. Far down some subsoi, just katoeys working - some dressed like men som like women in the daytime - and the guests just gay and lesbians couples (except one rich thai with his mia noi one time).

Elef;

I've never been there in the daytime, I doubt it's open.

Champ Issan is right at the intersection with S.Pattaya Rd, not on any subsoi.

There are some Katoies but nobody bothers you.

It really is similar to Tawan Daeng in Bangkok in that it gets a very mixed crowd that all seem to get along just fine; unlike clubs in the west.

Sorry I missed you in Pattaya, got there one day too late. Maybe next time you're in town we can go to this place.

dddave,

I finally asked my TGF who you know and she knew the place but had never been there, however it's the favourite place for one of our friends who is a katoey living with her/his/its BF in Jomtien. She described it as a place where katoyes from Isaan go in groups or sometimes bringing their boyfriends, so by thai definition with katoyes as a 3rd sex this place is not gay and not their BFs either.

Location near or on the intersection with 3rd Rd.

Archived