Looking for cheap longtime accomodation

thalenoi

My son (who attends MBA) rents a room around Phra Pinklao for 6k baht. He is not allowed to cook there and cancelled his rental contract by the end of this month (september)

He would like to find something bigger (studio?) around On Nut, Phra Kanong, Saphan Kwai and less expensive if possible. He needs to stay until next july at least.

Any one has some hints?

There is an apartment complex just off of Nakorn Chaisri Road, north of the Sriyan market. Lots of Farangs in it, but they usually have some vacancies. The rooms are decent enough ... living room, small kitchen, bedroom, bathroom. Some apts are 5500, slightly bigger ones 6,000. Just a short walk to the riverboat for a fast trip down to the end of the Skytrain. Also, it's an easy taxi ride to Victory Monument to pick up the Skytrain.

It's just east of the Nakorn Chaisri-Samsen Road intersection. Everything you could want in that area, restaurants, dept stores, post office, female commercial college students! Don't know the name of the place, but it is down a soi and just past a dressmaking school.

He'd need to ask if they have anything right now. May or not be something free.

I'll PM you my phone number, if he wants to ask directions.

Archived