Phra Athit road

vinod

There is a few little bars and restaurants. The bars are usually frequented by Thais. It is not something special IMO. Khao San Road and parallel Rambuttrii across the road from ViengTai Hotel is more of a nightlife area. Quite a few disco's. But I dont think it is very much of a hooker scene although they are there for the pick up too.

There used to be a popular for the Thais nightlife bar scene next to the AUA. Non-sex related.

I like going out for a casual meal there every once in a while - or did when I worked nearby. It's just a string of small restaurants, but what makes it different is that it's as close as Thailand comes to kind of a student/bohemian thing, mini-photo galleries, coffeehouse music, places that had a certain freshness in a way (for Thailand, at least).

YimSiam

coffee&more is perhaps the nicest coffeeshop in bangkok.

hemlock always has good food, as do several other places. good halal food at small restaurant opposite park.

still quite a few uni students from nearby thammasat and (a bit further) silpakhorn, though not as many as a few years back. remarkably few foreigners considering how close it is to khao san rd.

phra arthit is at its best when there's some event in the park, which seems to be every other weekend.

Archived