the taxi chaos at bkk airport!

keith doug

Hi.......which posts are you referring to? I just got done reading in the "News" section a thread about the New Bkk airport update and the only mention about taxis was that there were more taxis than customers. And I'm guessing that is in the arrivals area. The departure area will also have taxis dropping people off so the taxi situation, at least according to what I read, seems to be in the favor of the passengers.

I am adding this after the fact...I did just see the pics in the travel forum for the lines to get a taxi. Quite amazing the difference from one person's experience to another. Guess it's just gonna depend on the time of arrival. Hopefully my 430am arrival on EVA will be not so bad.

I arrived at 8 PM from Bali on Monday night

No problems smooth as silk BUT the taxi driver said the traffic was really bad mid-late afternoon.They call ahed to their friends to check the status and see if they have to take an alternative route-do ask about this though

Beautiful new airport but a loooong walk from the gate

No problem with luggage - A ll in all I like it...

:) Good for Thai face... :smirk:

From my experience when I arrived Saturday and from others that have arrived, it seems that flying in is OK.

Presently, the departures are shite, with long lines to get to the check in counters, three hour early arrival...ugggg.

I hope they can quickly improve, as a two hour early arrival at DM was more then enough!

Then the huge lines at the immi checkout counters, this sounds horrible!!!

Archived