Triple Entry Tourist Visa

FreeTime

For those interested in longer stays in Thailand, I just applied for a triple entry tourist visa, and the turnaround was very quick. My application was mailed on a Monday by ExpressPost, and the visa/passport was received back on Thursday by ExpressPost. (Next day delivery) Employment is prohibited, and every two months I must leave Thailand and re-enter. Same day re-entry is OK. Cost was $120.00 CDN ($40.00 X 3) Single entry visas are good for 2 months, double entry for 4 months, and triple entry for 6 months. A good alternative for those who are not quite ready for the O-A Retiree visa.

Maybe. I saw that the LA Thai consulate would issue one type of visa, no problem, while the Chicago Thai consulate would not issue the same visa??? :dunno:

I will give it a go as this may be a good option, but I would rather have an unlimited number of entries, like I have with my China visa.

Checked the website of the Thai Consulate General in Vancouver

"What is the longest time I can stay in Thailand? And what kind of visa do I need?

The tourist visa allows you to stay in Thaiand for 60 days for each entry into the country. If you wish to stay in Thailand longer than the authorized 60 days without leaving the country, you can apply for an extension at an immigration office in Thailand. A visa extension typically allows you to stay 10 to 30 days longer. However, the length of your extended stay is at the descretion of the immigration office in Thailand.

You can also apply for a double or triple-entry tourist visa at our Consulate. A double entry visa allows you to stay in Thailand for a total of 4 months, and a triple-entry visa allows you to stay in Thailand for up to 6 months. However, each entry permit is only valid for 2 months. Accordingly, you must leave Thailand every 2 months and re-enter the country. Your return to the country (which can be the same day as your exit) will subsequently activate your next tourist visa, which is then valid for up to two months.

For both double and triple-entry visas, you must use the last visa within six months from the date of the first visa's issue. For example, if your original double/triple entry visa was issued on 1 January, you must use all entries of your visa by 30 June of the same year."

The website of the thai embassy in Sweden just mentions single-entry and double entry tourist visas???

Tourist Visa:

( Single-Entry ) Issued for 60 days counted from the first day you arrive Thailand.

You must enter Thailand within 90 days after the issuing date of the visa.

Another 30 days may be granted by Immigration Division, Bangkok, Thailand. Applicant is not permitted to engage in any occupation or employment.

Application fee : SEK 200 per entry and person

( Double-Entry ) Two single-entry tourist visas are issued ( 60+60 days ). You can enter Thailand two times within the period of visa's validity ( 90 days : between issuing date and enter-before date shown on the visa )

You can stay maximum 60 days for each entry to Thailand.

Write DOUBLE ENTRY after tourist visa on the visa application form. Send in the visa application form approximately 2-3 weeks before travelling date.

Please check your staying period on the stamp when you arrive Thailand at the immigration checkpoint.

Another 30 days may be granted by Immigration Division, Bangkok, Thailand. Applicant is not permitted to engage in any occupation or employment.

Application fee : SEK 400 per person

In Hull (UK) you can get a quadruple entry tourist visa:

1) One Entry

The validity of this visa is 3 months from date of issue and allows a single stay for a period of up to 60 days after which you must

depart. A further visit will require a new visa which can be obtained only outside Thailand.

2) Two Entries

The validity of this visa is 6 months from date of issue and allows two separate stays of up to 60 days. On expiry of the second

stay you must depart and cannot return without a new visa which can be obtained only outside Thailand.

3) Three Entries

As for Two Entries except that it allows up to three visits within a period of 6 months.

4) Four Entries

As for Three Entries except that it allows up to four (maximum) visits within a period of 6 months.

The quadruple entry visa may seem stupid as it appears to give you no more time than a triple. But if you use it wisely and plan your 4th re-entry just before the end of the six months validity of the visa, you get another 2 months (extendable?), making your total stay 8 (or more) months.

I also read somewhere (Pattaya Today perhaps) that the tourist visa will now be valid for a visit of up to 90 days - though the Hull website doesn't seem to reflect this yet.

• 5 weeks later...

Yesterday I asked about my double entry tourist visa ( from Birmingham Thai Consulate )at the Pattaya/jomtien immigration offioe (soi 5 )and was told it was good for 6 months...ie.60 days +30 days extension,then leave the country and repeat...this despite notices on display stating that TR.visas are only good for 60 days...more confusion :banghead::banghead: ...however I will go back again or phone to check this as the particular officer who I dealt with seemed to be in a bad mood so maybe gave a false reply...

Archived