Penthouse - how to book without CC

MaiLuk

I want to book a room at the penthouse. But I don't want that particular infamous hotel to appear on my credit card. I am emailing them now though i doubt there is a solution.

Figured I would get a much quicker response from the whoremongers here. Any ideas?

They have a bar and restaurant in the same establishment. Perhaps the charges could go under those business names.

The girl at the front desk speaks really clear english and is very nice. PM me if you want to know her first name. Sometimes it helps to know the first name of a person when making a special request.

I had a great time when staying there, and look forward to a return trip.

Thanks for the ideas. My accountant will let me use his card to reserve the room. Problem solved. Everybody should have a good accountant.

The problems isn't solved! You have just reserved the room, you didn't pay anything yet! They still need to slide through the card if you intend to pay with a card, if you want to pay cash you can give them your CC Details, this is a small hotel, there won't be any pre-auth requests!! Anyways, it doesn't say Penthouse on your CC-Statement, i read this on another board a while ago. Something like Pattaya Lodge LTD. Chonburi Thailand will appear on your card!

No, they don't need to slide the card. The card is just used to reserve the room. Upon arrival i have them destroy the card info and i pay cash.

That is good they don't have "Penthouse" show up on the card. I'll still use my accountant's card to be sure the all encompassing universal internet filter does not collect a record of my activities. I'm not paranoid :help:

They are going to request a 3000-4000 baht deposit if you pay cash. This goes toward the never unending cavalcade of stuff that you or your bargirl might open during your stay.

Be prepared.....I stayed there two days and the extras cost more than the room....I think the bargirls in that soi are told to open as much shit as possible. Next time I stay there I will bring an extra bag and put all that shit inside it and stow it underneath the bed.

CT, MaiLuk - Don't be so sure about that - I just checked my records, and I think Penthouse has shown up under 2 different names, the first being: "PENTHOUSE HOTEL CHOLBURI TH" and the second "POTCHANIYA CO.,LTD. CHONBURI TH"... unless someone knows what Potchaniya is, I think it's Penthouse. So, if you're worried, pay cash. And yes, keep the girls away from the goodies - I think that's the only hotel where they don't even give you a bottle of water for free... but I still enjoy!

YimSiam

Archived