other locals for long term residing..

texascity

with the revolving immigration policies in Thailand those of us who are considering retiring in the 3rd world SHOULD consider alternatives.

retirement is by defination a time to live on previously acquired assets / pensions.

I start getting my 'checks' in 2008 & ATMs will make the deposits available worldwide.

not limiting options & consideraing all options is my goal.

& the possibility of a year here & a year there are not out of the realm of my options.

seems a lot of current 'visa runners' should be considering other 3rd world options

I've already contacted sunbelt in Bangkok about retirement paperwork requirements.

http://www.lawyer.th.com

I have had "more fun than the law could allow" on several occassion & the 'criminal background' check was a concern.

the 800k Thb bank requirement = +/- us20k eu17k is not unreasonable

.. except that it is more an 'unusable deposit' than a documentation of financial responsibility ..

& with the less than stable political enviroment a 2007 re-enactment of the 1997 crash could result in a quick loss of 50% of that amount.

again not much in totality .. but would be a pisser none the less.

the 'deposit' required in Malaysia is considerably more .. Panang / Georgetown rents seem to be near Issan levels.

& The PIs offer much same same as LOS.

What about eastern Europe?

Latin America? Costa Rica? Brazil?

had a buddy go to Costa Rica .. he lasted only a couple years, but he liked white girls..

Argentina is out of the tropics .. the heat in Thailand is a major negative for me.

had a buddy go to Costa Rica .. he lasted only a couple years, but he liked white girls..

I knew a retiree who lived in San Jose, CR, for a while but he said he stayed sick with colds a lot because of the cooler winds at the higher elevation. So, he moved to La Ceiba, Honduras, on the sea. He liked it better there. When I was there a few years ago, there were quite a few gringos there. Cost of living is probably lower than Thailand. Some sanuk, too.

the world is so big, but for europe I don't seem to recall any 3rd world countries in our neighbourhood?

romania, bulgaria on the black sea should be acceptable spots though - al least for summer time ;-)

sanuk for an retiree is probably not quite on par with SEA or latim AM, but probably possible to hook up with nice girls...

was thinking of the former 'eastern' countries.

the hottest blond lasses in Amsterdam 'claimed' to be 'from eastern countries' ..

hottest looking lass I stumbled across (literally) in Bkk was a (reputed) Kazjak ..

she had European, Persian .. & Asian features .. spectacular look .. with a European (Russian?) classy style

she & her hot crew were stationed in the lights by the louve in the Noveltel Siam Sq disco..

Archived