Security at UK airports update.

Lusty

I took Mrs Lusty up to Heathrow today and its getting to the point where you'll soon have to arrive naked except for your ticket,passport and money :( .

Anyway this is off the leavlet I picked up for the benefit of those who don't know.

Allowed through security:ONE bag not exceeding the dimensions of 56cmx45cmx25(nothing on the leaflet mentions a weight restriction though).So if you have a cabin case you cannot take any other type of bag be it a plastic carrier,handbag, camera bag etc,but what you can do is take out(as in Mrs Lusty's case her handbag)out of the cabin case after security.So gents if your taking an SLR and a video cam:hubba:you'll have to put them in one bigger bag.

Items,not allowed through security in any quatities at all:ANY liquids or gels,eg,drinks in cans,bottles,plastic containers,cardboard cartons,etc,ink and spare cartridges for fountain pens,cleaning solutions.

No LIQUID and GEL(solids ok) cosmetics and toiletries in any(Boots have adjusted their prices accordingly:cussing:quantity,eg,soaps,fragrance,perfume,aftershave,creams,liquid foundations,mascara,toothpaste,anything in a pressurised airosol(hairspray,deodarant etc)sun tan creams and lotion and bottles of contact lens solution.

FOOD:Any liquid based food in packets,tubes,plastic or tin containers eg,pasta or any food in sauce,gravies or any other liquids,jams and syrups,sauces and ketchups,pastes,yoghurts,soups,stews or curry.

Baby milk and food:Any baby milk,juice or food that has not been tasted in the presence of a security officer :barf:,or is more than the quatity for use during the flight.

The usual sharp items,NO cigarette lighters allowed on the plane at all BUT safety matches are ok for those of us that enjoy a smoke.

I'm sure this will do a lot of good for the duty free and other airport shops :smirk:

Acually the only thing I really hate is when you get a bording pass with *SSSS* on it. I've had that the last 5 out of 6 times travelling with United to the US and back.

It means that you will be picked out and get a full body search, kind of stupid really, since this is at check-in and you could just leave the airport should you carry anything you do not wish them to know about.

But to be honest I don't really care anymore, I just start complaining and asking the guys doing the search lots of personal questions, as I fell they are invading my personal life, so I am entitled to do the same to them, ending up with them feeling embarrased and apologizing.

Archived