Watered down drinks

Zorro

How many bars in Pattaya actually give you a fair nip when you order a vodka, gin or scotch?

I don't like drinking too much beer but when i start drinking spirits i end up spending heaps and never getting a buzz.

You may as well order soft drinks than pay for the imitation drinks that most places serve.

I know what you mean, on my last (and only) trip to pty, i was appalled at the weakness of spirits in some bars....but it meant i got to see more (and remember it) than usual...still after 20 vodkas i was pretty tanked...and totally incapable....fortunately for the ladies!

It's nothing but pure greed, the mark up on a bottle of spirits served at their prices is several hundred percent even with good sized drinks. OK, I've seen bar managers drink weak drinks but you can understand that if they're boozing seven days a week, but if the customer wants to drink and watch the girls rather than play then he should have that option. There's plenty of bars that serve honest drinks so take your money elsewhere.

Probably your best bet is to buy your own bottle.

I just spent a few nights in a shithole gambling town called Laughlin, Nevada. The drinks were free, as long as you were gambling. But I couldn't get a decently poured drink, even after offerring to pay. The bartender told me he had to pour the same, regardless. Best to drink beer in those types of places, although it fills me up too much. The other option is BYOB.

Beer causes headache!

Anyways BJ

Let me be the first who tells you (with good intentions)

You are crazy mixing alcohol with Diet Coke. It is scientifically proven that soft drinks with chemical sugar substitutes produce insulin in your body, that is why people still gain fat, it has effects on fat metabolism and it can change the liver's ability to release fat stores! Insulin forces storage of glucose in liver (and muscle) cells. That's not bad at all when you actually eat real sugar. When you consume it together with alcohol and there is no sugar to get "burned" the glucose in your liver is actually cludding and you can get a liver failure and or a kidney failure.

I hope my catastrophic english wasn't too bad to make my point, bottomline, diet drinks +alcohol = very bad! If you do it for the taste then go buy a snickers!

Sometimes, it not the "Owner" scamming the public, It's his staff scamming him: topping bottles of brand name with the cheapest substitute or water, then stealing the money from the extra drinks poured. Many barowners have the simple count and measure system to keep track of inventory, way too easy to manipulate.

@ CT: my wife is a diabetics expert and has made me stay away from Regular coke ( 1.5 Ltr / day) just because of the high sugar levels (1 L = 10 BE ~ 120G sugar)

It is the high and Fast absorbing sugar that produces higher and faster Insuline resistance then the "fake Sugars"

Liver failure? with my amounts of Hard stuff. I really dont care :)

Archived