'god' & 'jesus' as punch lines

texascity

quite amazing transformation of the perception of christianity in the US the past 6 years.

christians have become little more than a punchline to many americans.

I never discuss religion ..

the most religious I get 'is to ask "where the f' was THAT temple you just bowed to?" '

from youth oriented shows like "Daily" & "Corbet" to mainstream like "Leno" the punch line is more & more often "stupid evangelicals" &/or "idiot christians".

the currently running "Lewis Black HBO special" is a hell & brimstone anti christian riot

Don Imus.. a radio / tv conservative (he supports Santorum!) .. has 'the dopey christian are the joke' skits on his show daily

suddenly christians are in the comical cross hairs of seemingly most comedians ..

& biblical / mystical beliefs are the punch lines

quite amazing how the current political agenda of the 'christian beliefs as law' has brought their entire system of mythical beliefs under ridicule .. it is now socially acceptable to ridicule christians .. in public.

NEVER BEFORE!

amazing what has happened in the past 6 years...

raised a catholic that attended a high school with a disproportionate % of jewish students .. my first HJ was from a Heblew lass

+ the non-jesus orientation of my post 1980 lasses .. since Micheo in '79 I've had no interest in AMERICAN chicks.

I have always been respectful of the 'personal beliefs of others'

I had no interest in christians .. until their mystical beliefs started becoming government policy.

Taoism: shit happens

Buddhism: if shit happens, it isn't really shit

Islam: if shit happens, it is the will of Allah

Catholicism: if shit happens, you deserve it

Judaism: why does this shit always happen to us?

Atheism: I don't believe this shit

AGNOSTIC: I Don't Know And You Don't Either

I've noticed it too. I don't know what it means but things have really polarized. Satanism is becoming quite fashionable in some circles. It's not surprising that Christians feel under siege. Most of them are quite nice people too if they leave others alone (as are most Muslims, Jews, Hindus and Buddhists.)

"As long as there are tests in public schools (executions, marriages & BB sex) there will be prayer."

Christianity is a magical device for turning unanswerable questions into unquestionable answers.

.. once the church did rule Europe .&. that time is referred to as the Dark Ages.

Christians may crusade / murder for jesus & the jews may rob for David

.. but, what's got me upset..

it's denial of education

it's denial of health care

it's denial of medical research

it's making non-criminal social standards criminal acts.

F'ers are everywhere pushing their mystical beliefs down every ones throats.

Anyone can have the facts .. having beliefs is an more of an acquired art.

lub it tu mutt:

signers of the 'silver ring christian virginity pledge' are far more likely to experiment with oral and anal sex.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A48509-2005Mar18.html

I suppose Satanism is really only an off shoot of Christianity Chuck, what does seem to be going ahead is paganism, a return to the first deities from the dawn of recorded history. I'm a bit old for frolicing naked around monolithic monuments at midnight now but it would have appealed a few years ago, particularly the fertility rites. :hubba:

Paganism has a healthy appeal I think. Dancing round Stonehenge is pretty harmless. I was referring to the new young Satanists who probably just think they're being cool or pushing the envelope. I ran into a very screwed up bunch of people once, a long time ago, on Formentera. They were playing a dangerous game and it ended very badly for some of them.

Archived