Seminyak Bali Hotel

adanac

Using my air miles I can book either the Sheraton Laguna Nusa Dua or the Westin Resort Nusa Dua. I have never been to Bali and looking at the map are these areas far from the entertainment areas of Bali. Also how long in a taxi to get from these hotels to the action at night. Also are these hotels guest frendly.

Sorry my info is dated, but I was there about 6 years ago. So things may have changed, though the few reports I've heard are about the same but with less activity after the bombings.

Nusa Dua is a beautiful area with a great golf course and several upscale hotels. No nightlife for the single man though. I never tried to bring a girl to my hotel, but I recall there was a security gate you had to pass through when entering the Nusa Dua area, and that was before the bombings (its probably really secure now). You might be able to discreetly get a girl in, but the hotels would probably frown upon it.

Most of the tourist nightlife is around Kuta. Several restaurants, bars and some clubs. I recall some attractive and friendly ladies, and I was propositioned. This is probably where you want to go.

Further north around Seminyak there is another nightlife scene that gets started really late (after midnight) and runs until dawn (too late for me, but I read about it). It seemed this was the area where a number of foreign born locals lived and partied. I think there may also be a large gay presence here.

Kuta and Sanur aren't far from Nusa Dua, though the roads and traffic can slow you down. Shouldn't take more than about a half hour to either.

I think every taxi driver I had wanted to take me to either Denpassar or Sanur to 'get a girl'. Didn't go, but from various reports the drivers get a kickback from taking you to a shabby club with some prostitutes.

Archived