Dummies' Guide to buying Second-hand Mobile phone in Pattaya

MaakSiDa

That is probably one of the better Nokia Phones, since it isn't as big as a lapt top unlike the Nokia Top Phones, The silver frame looks good, the entire shape looks 1998 style to me but that is a matter of taste! Inside Nokia is okay, always was, will always be, just don't like the designs and that you can't edit the menus according to your preferences!

The Software is probably standard on all new phones, I had that with each phone i bought the last 4 years, the newer Phones support Edge, which means I dont even need to my computer to connect to the internet to send files, it works perfect with edge!

What makes the Samsung so special is the extended software, the video editor where you can out out scenes just like that, were you can put your pictures on a timeline and make the a video slide show with music. thats a very nice feature. I also love the On Phone Photo editor, you dont need a computer anymore to edit your pictures! It has everything and is only 3000 baht more expensive than the Nokia and for me the much better deal because it has way more features, it is lighter and slimmer and smaller!

Probably a matter of preferences! For a phone geek like me Nokia is for the girls, Motorolla V3 for men and Black Berry or Samsung for geeks like me! :)

I really like the features of my newly acquired Nokia "Farmers Fone" purchased at the fashionable but not overly ostentatious Soi Buakhow Night Market; B1000 including SIM.

Though it doesn't have "Bluetooth", it does have "Blackjack" as it will clock the lights out of anybody foolish enough to seriously annoy me while I'm holding it by its puppy lanyard.

It can also be used to hammer nails, split coconuts and stop a door.

Its security features are great; no thief would compromise his dignity enough to steal it.

Flash it to a pesty bar girl and she'll quickly dissappear, even tuk-tuk drivers give up and point you to the green buses when they see it.

A great safety feature is its carefully designed inability to take pictures of BGs, lady boys and other short time aquaintences whilst intoxicated for your wife/gf/bf/whatever to find in the morning.

All this and it makes calls too.

I didn't think the N93 was worth the high cost and I preferred the smaller form factor of the 6233.

Btw, responding to Christian Troy's above comment, need to note that that the 6233 does in fact have several editable menus but I do agree with CT that it has a retro "classic" look which is another thing I really like about it. I've been waiting for years for Nokia to get back to lean clean classic functional styling with advanced features at a reasonable price, and they finally did with the 6233.

cool! So both of us are totally satisfied then :)

The Nokia N93 is a toy, it truely has it's charme with the camcorder look, the problem is that the video quality doesnt resemble a camcorder at all!

I like to put my phone in the pocket, it's gotta be small and slim and easy to pull out! The N93 is small but bulky!

The plastic folie keypads I had 1982 on my Intellivision Game Console, therefore it sucks big time. They are also used on the cheapest phones like the N 2650. They keypad is reason enough to dislike the phone. The keys won't work after 1 year heavy usage anymore. That is basically why i hate Nokia. My Thai Ex of course wanted a Nokia Phone so i bought her the 6280, she dropped it once from 40 centimeter height and the chassis was broken! Of course we didn't get it replaced!

Nokia are the pioneers in cam phones, I bought it, it was bulky but cool to have, since it wasn't a triband it was useless when I lived in the USA for a few month. I went to a shop and bought the cheapest shit i can get (Samsung SGH M100) At this time nobody was sending textmessages in the US so i t was a phone with no features at all! What I realised was that the voice quality was x times better than with Nokia. Nokia was all I knew and chique to have, from this moment I started looking for other phones! Forget the design, the cheap plastuc or whatever I have mentionend! These new other phones beat Nokia in lenght when it comes to voice clarity (except LG and Black Berry)

After all it is still a phone, I understand that people are not keen for features, but having a good reception is essential and when it comes to this the new Samsung is a very surprising alternative and also easy to use!

Where I had no reception before (dumpster of my Pattaya condo) I can sit and grow hemorides while I am talking hours in highest sound quality!

Have a look at that phone, I usually don't rave about phones on the internet, but this one got me hooked!

Archived