The things they say

Bkkbound04

My GF is an English Teacher at a Thai Gov school, she likes to learn new phrases and generally I spend a day os so having to acknowledge or correct her.

This particular day she came across 'you are not a very helpful man' I knew immediately that she'd want to torment me by putting challenges to me and thinking how clever she was to reprimand me.

We were travelling on the sky train when her cousin, a taxi driver rang her with a passenger problem,the taxi drive spoke no english & the customer spoke no thai.MY GF then spoke to the passenger trying to be helpful, when my GF could'nt understand she gave the phone to me, I heard so west indian womans voice saying she wanted to go the Big C, when I asked were in BKK was she she handed the phone to the taxi driver, I could'nt understand anything soI then gave it back to the GF saying a 4 way chat on the phone was a silly conversation to be having, ,tell the driver to ask a police man,.Sure enough with a beaming smille she delivered the line ' you are not a very helpful man'.

JP

Archived