Woraburi Hotel Soi 4 report

MaiLuk

Had a nice stay - until the last day.

I booked through Thaihoteldiscounts.com the one that advertises here. A few of the hotels I tried to book were full, THD got back to me immediately and waited for me to give them my next choice. Good fast service. The rate was 981 baht or close to that.

Its a hike to get to sukhumvit - about an 8 to 10 minute walk. Moto right outside the hotel at 20 baht is the way to go. Sometimes you can catch their free tuk tuk.

Entire hotel is tiled so no obsolete carpets. Breakfast buffet is free and very good with a few thai dishes and eggs ham etc and fresh fruit and coffee.

They claim to have 24 channels on the TV, actually 3 english channels and a few thai stations. AC works good and the place is quiet.

The roof top pool is very nice, tho only 10 meters long. There were 2 young farang girls to look at getting a tan. Has sun all day.

They collect your girl's ID no questions. Did not try to take two two girls so don't know what they think about that. Also, at my request they told the girl who called continuously that I was not in my room so i was able to get some sleep.

I pulled off my t-shirt in my room and my hand hit the ceiling light and it fell and exploded on the floor. The only thing that broke was the small glass enclosure. Probably a 60 or 70 baht item. The light itself was fine.

On the last day I wanted to stay one more night since they had plenty of rooms available. The older lady behind the desk said 1500 baht. I said your kidding. She walked away.

So i checked out. The older lady behind the desk handled it. 700 baht for the light. 1,050 baht for the small load of laundry (about 5 shirts, 3 pants and underwear and socks; when I stay in a cheap hotel like the woraburri the laundry charge is usually less than half what they were charging me). 140 baht for one ph call to a cell phone.

I told her I wanted to see the laundry bill (they had never given me one) and wanted to know the cost of the light. Something about the whole situation and especially the cunt lady behind the desk annoyed me. The young girls behind the desk seemed surprised as well when the lady announced 700 baht for the light.

The old lady brushed off my request. The worst attitude i have encountered in a BKK hotel. I typically get on well with staff they even get to know my name. I thought about making a scene and staying there until I got some answers. I quickly decided "mai pen rai" its 4pm and i need to head out to pty.

Taking the motorway at that time we hit no traffic at all. Life is good. ;)

I've stayed there quite a few times and I like it.

Some of the staff can be a little bit surly, and I know the old bird that you mean. She can be positively scary.

Most of the young girls behind the desk are friendly and efficient.

One thing about Woraburi Hotels I've noticed, (and I've stayed her and at 3 in Pattaya), is that they do everything by the book with no flexibility whatsoever. For example, if they say you've had something from your minibar, you've had it... no questions asked. There is definitely no coaching in the "customer is always right" module in their staff training guide!

The pool on the roof is nice, as you say.

I've taken 2 girls back there before with no problems. (The one time I did it anyway).

Maybe they've changed their I.D. policy as I never had to hand the girl's I.D.'s cards into reception when I stayed there.

Agree on the breakfast - it's fine.

There are some prick cab drivers out the front though who want 500B to go to the airport. Twats. I refuse to use them, and when I hailed a cab driving past to go to the airport the wanker cab driver told him in Thai to not use the meter, not knowing I could speak Thai. I turned around and gave him a few choice words. I then took out my phone and dialled 1155 (Tourist Police) and started telling them the situation and gave them his licence plate number. I didn't really give a fuck if they did anything to be honest, but I wanted to piss him off. Petty, but I hate the way fuck-wastes like this rip people off. There's so many hard-working cabbies in BKK sitting in the traffic all day gagging for a fare, and these lazy pricks parasite off the tourist claiming they are a "limousine service". Still says "TAXI METER" on the roof last time I looked, fellah! So gotta watch those guys.

Well-stocked mini-bar.

Nice bathrooms.

Yes, it is a little bit further away from Nana, but the stroll's quite pleasant and some interesting sights can be seen on the way!

(As you say, you can sometimes get the free tuk tuk or grab a moto for 20B).

Coming home at night isn't a problem as I would usually be coming from SC anyway, so an extra 800m doesn't hurt.

Sorry you got fucked-over on your extras bill though. That laundry price is ridiculous!

There's actually a local laundry down the soi towards Nana on the right hand side - much cheaper.

Finally, haven't been there in 9 months, but if you look in the lift (elevator for the yanks!), on the right-hand wall as you're facing the lift doors, if there's still a poster/advertisement showing the restaurant area of the hotel, the bloke with his back to the camera wearing the red shirt is the Moo Noi!) :cool:

Well I missed the picture in the lift.

The same cab guys hang out there everyday. Japanese are the biggest suckers for that. I see them walk up to these guys with a tourist map in hand asking how to get somewhere. You know the cab guys are drooling. One quoted me 1500 baht to go to PTY. I flagged down a cab and talked him into 1300 baht. Probably could have done better but just wanted to get in the first cab and go.

You know its amazing that you can have a nice stay and then the hotel owner will have a longtime staffer that ruins it at the last minute. TIT. When I asked her to give me a breakdown of the charges she acted like I must be a stupid farang to not know why they were charging me x amount of baht. I never checked out of a hotel before without being given a bill. Thats when she pulled out these sheets showing the handwritten numbers. One sheet said 1,050. I said whats that? She rolled her eyes "THATS LAUNDRY!". As if I should have surmised it somehow.

Very weird. Won't stay again, too much possibility for a rip off. And that is too bad because as you noticed, there are some nice things down that way. Swan Inn has a seafood restaurant and a big pool hall. And the little beer bars on that side soi had some VERY cute girls. The one I took weighed no more than a paper weight, said both her parents moved to BKK with her daughter.

"Are your parents working?"

"No."

You pay everything?

Yes.

Said her aunt brought her to that bar and that is how she became a BG. Not much choice. She was great with me later that night. Funny what you find in out of the way places.

I stayed in their sister slum in Pattaya "Siam Sawasdee" and will give the whole chain a miss in future.

Good call.

The ones in Pattaya are pretty dire, except for the Siam Seaview, and that isn't even that good unless you get a suite.

The Woraburi in Soi 4 is much better than the ones in Pattaya, and the resort in Phuket is VERY nice.

I stayed in their sister slum in Pattaya "Siam Sawasdee" and will give the whole chain a miss in future.

Excactly what I decided as well. In Siam Sawasdee they tried to cheat on minibar bills several times and even accused my friend of breaking a foam extinguisher demanding several thousand of bahts. F**king ridicilous.

Archived